Make challenge games optional?

by Trolloween

Original Post

Make challenge games optional?

★ Guide

There's still a lot of people who leave the game because they get bored of the constant challenge games which are so unfair you can only lose if you're playing a donkey. 

Just make it optional. I've been trying to get back to tib league and I just can't progress when I get 20-30 games in a row all against maxed out lvl 13 units. I do win some but not many, so other than it just not being fun when it's so frequent it's just a time issue, how am I supposed to compete in raves when I can play for an hour solid and never get a remotely fair game? 

The only downside I can see is having to wait longer in the queue to find a more even match, I am more than happy to make this trade off. But I also refuse to believe I'm the only player who is under levelled in masters and tib league that I could play against.

Message 1 of 4 (324 Views)

Re: Make challenge games optional?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@Trolloween wrote:

The only downside I can see is having to wait longer in the queue to find a more even match, I am more than happy to make this trade off.

I think they honestly chose to go down a wrong route there. As you said, it is much more preferrable to have to wait longer for a match, if one can get a truly fair match then. Unfortunately, they chose the "we just match up people no matter if they actually have any business playing against one another or not" way. Frown

Message 2 of 4 (308 Views)

Here’s the problem. So you make it to Masters. All your units are at level 9’s and dome at 10. You are pretty darned good though and out micro your opponents. When they throw a level 11 zone trooper at you, you kill it with your level 9 shockwave. 

So you now make it to Masters 2. Guess who’s stuck there? People with level 11 and 12 units. Some at level 13. 

So what do you want? You want to wait to get paired up with someone else with level 9 units in Masters 2? You’ll be waiting a long time because they are few and far and between. Those with units that low are at the bottom of Masters. 

So they can on only do one of 2 things. Match you with someone in your area of Masters and make it a challenge match or match you with someone in the bottom of Masters and make it a challenge match for them because you are a highly skilled opponent. 

If they get rid of challenge matches, you’ll rarely play. 

Message 3 of 4 (291 Views)

I have made it to Masters about 8 times already. On my first account, I got stuck in Gold and Platinum for a long time because I didn’t know what I was doing. 

I never got challenge matches because I was the challenge match to someone else because my units were so high. 

In all my next 7 accounts (I just start over when I get bored) I started getting challenge matches at Gold because I shouldn’t have been there. My units were too low and my account was like at a level 5 compared to everyone else there with much higher units and overall experience levels. 

You mostly get challenge matches when you are too good for the league that you are in with the unit levels that you have. 

Message 4 of 4 (288 Views)