Madden Bowl Drop Reward

by HobbitHoleRob

Original Post

Madden Bowl Drop Reward

★★ Novice

Okay, so I was told by Bob from @EAHelp, to report this here. 

It was advertised that if you had your EA and Twitch accounts linked, and you watched 4+ hours of the Madden Bowl stream on Friday, that you'd receive the 98 OVR Patrick Mahomes as a reward. 

I have my accounts linked. I have Twitch Prime. I watched the entire stream. Yet, I have received no reward. There is a person on Twitter who posted a photo showing he received it. Yet, most have not. I first did a live chat with EA Support, and was told to both, hurry up and wait, and take it up with Twitch. That it was Twitch who was responsible for getting the rewards out. I responded to a tweet to let folks know what I had been told, and ended up with a reply from Bob. So, here I am, at his suggestion, informing you. 

The rewards are not showing up properly. There are obviously some folks who have received the Mahomes, as advertised, but others, like me, who have not. So c'mon guys, let's this taken care of, because so far my experience with Madden and Twitch has been rather disappointing.

Message 1 of 17 (1,033 Views)

Re: Madden Bowl Drop Reward

★★★ Newbie
Same here, over 5 hours straight and no Mahomes. Yet my friend got his and he stopped watching after 4 hours...makes no sense.
Message 2 of 17 (996 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah, I had the same problem and when I went to EA Support they don't let you chat with anyone or report it directly to them.  Instead they say to take it up with twitch, but I'm honestly not sure how to do that since they don't let you whisper at them and that doesn't seem like a thing that you'd get a response to from posting in the chat room.  Anyone know how I'm supposed to contact the folks at the madden twitch account?

Message 3 of 17 (969 Views)

★★ Novice

I've been all over Twitch. Google "Twitch Support" and you can submit a ticket. Also, you can do what I've been doing, and bug the hell out of them on Twitter. Just search for Twitch.

Message 4 of 17 (965 Views)

★★ Novice

Quick update:  I posted in the chat on the twitch channel about this and within a few seconds it was deleted by a moderator.  No clue what's going on there.

Message 5 of 17 (957 Views)

★★ Novice

I've submitted a ticket with Twitch, it's been two days, and I've heard nothing. I've tried sending them Tweets, but I get nothing but silence. I was told to by @EAHelp to post in here so that the Madden team would see it, and it hasn't helped. And every time I reach out to EA about it, I either get told to keep waiting, and it'll show up eventually, or to contact Twitch because it's job to give out the Madden Bowl Drop Rewards. I noticed today that the picture advertising the 98 Mahomes has been removed from MUT. Good thing I saved a picture of it to my computer, you know, just in case they try to say that it was only one person, or random people, who were going to get it.

Message 6 of 17 (949 Views)

★★ Novice

Quick Update: After another useless live chat, several more failed attempts to reach out to Twitch via Twitter, and another help ticket submitted to to them, I decided to start doing some research. It seems that these Twitch rewards for Madden have been a major problem since they started a couple of years ago. I finally came across an article that mentioned making sure your EA account was actually linked to your Twitch account. It had written a couple years ago, but detailed how several people had linked their Consoles, Amazon, and EA accounts all to their Twitch, only to go back and find out that their EA account was no longer linked, and they had to link it again.

Well, it turns out that's exactly what happened to me. For some reason, my EA account, which had been linked to my Twitch account well before the stream started last Friday, was no longer linked to it. Everything else was still linked, but EA had completely disappeared. I don't know why. I don't know how. I have a feeling it happened when I linked my PSN account to my Twitch account. It was the first time I had ever used my PS4 to watch a stream. No matter how, or why, it happened, it happened. I just finished re-linking my accounts. So, yeah, I'm sure if I ever hear back from Twitch I'm going to get a long, drawn out story about how my accounts weren't linked, and that's why I didn't receive the rewards.

Message 7 of 17 (912 Views)

★★ Novice

Sorry to hear your account got un-linked.  I checked and that's not my issue (also I'm getting other twitch drops, just not the big one I should have received).  I just had a chat with someone who then marked my case "resolved" (it's not) and told me to contact them back within 1-2 days.  What I would like to know is why EA doesn't have a policy of making even small customer service gestures like giving a pack comparable to what you missed out on or something like that.  If my liquor store can give me a raincheck on a sale price of something they've sold out of and my cable company will give me free HBO for several months without my asking for it because I called with an issue and they want my loyalty, why is EA sports deliberately making it this hard for me to even get through to someone, then offering no immediate gesture, giving me the run-around, then marking my case as "resolved" when I'm upset with the service I received?  

Also, for the record, the fact that the twitch EAMaddenNFL channel not only won't let you "whisper" at them without them starting the conversation but also deleted my comments about this issue (which were not rude or inappropriate, just asking why I could not speak with a representative) from the group chat is baffling.  

Message 8 of 17 (897 Views)

Community Manager

Thank you for all for raising this to our attention. Did you have multiple tabs open?

Blueberry.png
Message 9 of 17 (885 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thank you for responding!  I had multiple tabs open but only one of Twitch, which was in the foreground and tuned to the EAMaddenNFL account.

Message 10 of 17 (883 Views)