Madden 21 suggestions

by Lucycaruso1

Original Post

Re: Madden 21 suggestions

★★★ Newbie

I love your suggestion on the whole presentation point of view. I think madden is giving it a good start as they were the ones to make the virtual draft which we will see tmrw so hopefully the way this virtual draft will look that they will put this in madden. And if they did that means their maybe starting to fix the franchise mode up a bit. 

Message 51 of 96 (1,326 Views)

Madden 21

★★★ Newbie

Can you please make the create a play and create a team again? Build a stadium, create multiple jerseys, create plays and maybe do a handful of hall of famer story modes 

Message 52 of 96 (1,359 Views)

Ea player ratings

★★ Novice

I was going to make a post asking about improving franchise and ask if PlayStation 5 would have a next gen version,but ea is a monopoly and all improvements will go to the money grabs like mut.So instead I’m wondering if EA could please do its homework and not mess up KJ Hamler’s speed or attributes?The definitely disrespected Zeddrick woods last year,etc!

https://www.si.com/college/2019/10/01/penn-state-kj-hamler

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001107956/article/2020-nfl-draft-kj-hamler-turns-to-tech-in-sco...

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/kj-hamler-penn-state-40-yard-dash-nfl-draft

Please,If we can’t get an improvement to franchise,at least allow us to play with honest,authentic versions of the players!

Message 53 of 96 (1,375 Views)

Re: Madden 21 suggestions

★★★ Apprentice

Some more detailed franchise issues/suggestions:

1) Special teams:  As I mentioned, a coach should be able to set the players who will participate on the kickoff return and kickoff coverage teams.  This is the only formation where this is not possible, which does not make a lot of sense.  This is a problem since offensive players (FB, WR, TE) end up like heat-seaking missiles and never miss a tackle on kick coverage.  I would suggest adding two attributes for players - STC (special teams coverage) and STR (special teams return) that would provide a player's ability to cover (tackle) and block on the special teams.  There are a number of players in the NFL who have had their entire careers based on special teams ability; and there is currently no attribute to represent this.

2) Along with the above, there should be a "Special Teams Player of the Year" for each conference as there actually is in real life, and a "special teams" representative on the Pro Bowl.  

3) Draft.  As I have mentioned many times, the generated players in the draft have attributes that are not realistic.  The edge rushers all have heights of 6-0, where height (length) is a prime attribute of an edge rusher.  In one draft, no QB was taken in the first three rounds, which would never happen, even if there was not a player with a top 3 round grade.  There are first round CB with agility in the low 70's, which would never happen.  The software is based on a database of player attributes including height and weight.  A generated draft class should be created using the actual distribution of those attributes.

4) There should be an ability to set blocking (OL) double teams and pass coverage double teams for an entire game, as opposed to having to do this for every play, e.g., on every play the OL will double team Khalil Mack and double cover Julio Jones.  This could be one of the "coaching options" on the play-call menu.

5) In franchise mode, there should be access to updated league-wide player stats throughout the game.  Or at the very least, the player should have access to his own team's updated stats during the game.

6) The TE v DB tackle physics need to be updated.  If a 170lb CB tries to tackle a 270lb TE, in real life the vast majority of the time the TE will plow over him for additional yards.  However, in Madden, when a DB tries to tackle a TE, invariably the TE is stopped immediately, which is not realistic.  This does not seem to be an problem for RB, but it is for TE and big WR.

7) There need to be tighter rules for awarding a sack when a QB is running outside of the pocket.  If a QB is clearly running, and is tackled behind the LOS, this is always recorded as a sack.  

8) There is an incorrect correlation between QB accuracy and interceptions.  The most accurate QB throw a lot of interceptions in a game, while QB with very poor accuracy do not.  It seems as if the QB accuracy attribute is used to determine how likely a defender is able to make a catch on an interception.  In a game, a backup QB with very poor accuracy - or a P/K thrust into duty - will have all of this passes bounce off the hands of defenders.  In real life, QB with poor accuracy throw a lot of INT, while QB with great accuracy throw very few. The logic needs to be changed so that poor accuracy will result in a lot of INT, great accuracy in very few.  To say it again, it seems clear that QB accuracy is currently used to determine how likely it is that a defender makes a catch (INT); this provides very inaccurate results.

9) In the actual NFL certain QB tend to throw interceptions (Winston), on the other hand, certain players at every position seem more likely to make a big play; I would suggest that there be a separate rating for QB that directly controls how likely they are to throw an interception, and for every player how likely they are to create a big play.  There is no attribute that controls for this.  Mahomes/Rodgers/Mack, etc. simply make big plays, and this does not directly correlate with awareness, or any other attribute.

10) There should be more salary cap management flexibility in franchise mode.  A coach/owner should be able to control the guaranteed amount for a contract each year, and be able to control the salary - consistent with league rules - each year.  In other words, be able to do the salary cap engineering that actual NFL teams do.  In addition, a coach/owner should be able to renegotiate a contract every year - except for rookie contracts which have different rules - rather than only be able to renegotiate in the last year of a contract.

11) With respect to the above, there are players who want to be able to simulate an NFL franchise, so we want everything to be as authentic as possible.  We don't care about being in a league or playing online with other people.  I realize many of the existing rules are there to ensure there is a level playing field.  Have one option: simulation or competition.  If "simulation" is selected, everything is as authentic as possible, we can't play online but we don't care because we don't want to.  If you chose "competition", then there will be the existing unrealistic rules that are there to keep people from cheating.  In my opinion, this would be the most important modification to Madden. 

12) Effective "scramble drills" do not exist for WR or other players on offense.  There should be some intelligence so that when these players realize their QB is in trouble, they work to get open, go deep, or provide a better target.

13)  For the Pro Bowl teams, there should be a separate category of "edge rusher" rather than have categories of DE and DT and OLB.  Also, there should be a statistic for QB hurries.  Finally, shooting for the moon, a partnership with Pro Football Focus would be nice so that every player is graded on every play.

14) Along with the above, the number of pressures given up should be recorded for each OL and along with pancake blocks, should be the basis for Pro Bowl and "OL of the Year" selections.

15) NFL broadcasts have advanced kick statistics such as the velocity of a kick and from how far away it would have been good.  This would be a nice addition.

16) In the games, the official scoring (statistics) for each play should be provided: Peterson 1 carry for 3 yards, Nelson a pancake block, Smith with the tackle and Fuller with an assist.

17) During the NFL draft coverage, it was frequently said that coaches were looking for "position-less players."  A coach should be able to have a backup QB line up at WR, or a CB line up at LB.

18) For the Pro Bowl selections, the number of tackles should not be a factor in selecting the CB.  A large number of tackles is always a bad thing for a CB.  In addition, as I have mentioned previously, there is a problem with the selection of punt/kick-returners to the team.  Often, the Pro Bowl kick returner has never returned a punt or a kick or even played in a game.

Message 54 of 96 (1,319 Views)

New twist in career mode

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi i have loved madden since a little boy!!

If possible in Madden 21 in career mode is it possible to start the season in the offseason rather than the preseason. This would be great as when choosing a to be head coach so you can get the right guys for your system thru free agency snd you own personal draft class

Message 55 of 96 (1,302 Views)

Dan Marino

★★★ Newbie
  1. Dan Marino and Brett Favre throwing style should be added to madden 21
Message 56 of 96 (1,290 Views)

In madden 21 i think you should put all time teams in the game

★★★ Newbie

In madden 21 i think you should put all time teams in the game ( the best players from each team's history) Also, you should bring back the elites and the legends from madden 19. Finally, for Face of the Franchise you should be able to use different positions.

Message 57 of 96 (1,303 Views)

Playoffs mode

★★★ Newbie

Can you please make a playoff mode for madden like nba and nhl games have?  Have the ability to control all 12 teams.  Or in play now mode give more game mode options, like regular season, wildcard game, division playoffs and the conference championship game.  

Message 58 of 96 (1,201 Views)

madden 21 requests

★★★ Newbie

In madden 21, you should put all time teams in the game ( the best players from each team's history). You should also be able to be a different position in face of the franchise. You should also be able to have an option in franchise to turn on force trades where any trade you offer gets accepted. Also, Tyreek Hill should have a superstar X factor. You should also add new broadcasts with their announcers and theme songs ( ex. NBC with Al Michaels and Chris Collinsworth.) 

Message 59 of 96 (1,260 Views)

Bracket

★★★ Newbie

A make your own playoff bracket should be available in my opinion too spice things a little for a small game play for those who want to play their imaginary playoff standings.

Message 60 of 96 (1,103 Views)