Madden 21 Franchise too easy & extremely unrealistic

by glendaog

Original Post

Madden 21 Franchise too easy & extremely unrealistic

★★★★ Apprentice

I score over 40 points every single game and unless I’m trying not to reach an unrealistic score (lowest I can do is 42) , I will reach somewhere between 60-80 points. I break every rushing and passing record accidentally. The CPU stats are all incredibly similar. Nobody ever has a great season (4800-5000+ Yards) and most QBs throw over 12 interceptions which isn’t like super unrealistic , but it’s often QBs who don’t throw many picks or extremely talented QBs throwing 17-22 picks. They also ALWAYS throw over 20 passing TDs , and no matter the play the QB is never benched. For example , last year Cam Newton threw 8 TDs to 10 picks. That’ll never happen on the video game. The most annoying part relating to that section of this complaint is that it is SUPER difficult to get interceptions IN GAME. No matter how bad the QB or receivers are or how good of a catching rating my corner has. Also , the play of the players doesn’t affect their price much if at all in resigning or free agency , super annoying. Trades involving players almost never happen , I’m on my 58th franchise , I’ve played at least 2 to completion (you also don’t let us play enough season , 30 is short) , I have seen less than 10 trades involving players. Trades in general are extremely rare unless it’s the user. The draft is extremely unrealistic , I’ve never seen a CPU generated rookie over an 80 enter the league. Players develop and regress at an infuriating rate. By the 5th season , EVERY TIME (not an exaggeration) there will be no new linemen over a 90 unless I edited them , linebackers will have 4 elite 2 really good 3 average and the rest are just decent to garbage & same with RBs TEs Safeties and punters and kickers MIGHT have 1 over an 80. I have tried to play with the XP sliders , they don’t do much and I don’t feel like I should be responsible for that in the first place , having to determine the rate they progress. Meaning , it’s not offensive that I CAN edit it , but I feel that you have not made any effort to correct this problem. Also , WAY too many players regress every year. Sometimes at only 29 , 30 year old. Take a game like NBA 2k for example. Each player has a prime beginning age , before this age the player will progress relatively rapidly , a maximum rating , a cap on each players rating during their progression (you guys have the problem that I can’t adjust the sliders too much because I don’t want EVERY player to be great I just want them to do something other than come in at a 65 , max out at 72 & regress at age 29 , but not necessarily have them all at 90+) , and a prime ending age , after this age players will regress relatively rapidly , more rapidly than if they had a bad season. The commentary is SUPER repetitive , which I understand it’s a video game , but it seems they only have about 5-10 phrases for big runs or passes , which is annoying when the hardest difficulty has me breaking big plays every couple drives , a compound issue. Also , you have a HoF that doesn’t show MOST hall of famers , which I guess isn’t a big deal at all , I just notice it all the time. Also your catching is extremely unrealistic and unreliable. Players can only catch in animations. For example , instead of having catching ACTUALLY BASED ON THE RATINGS (like if your a good catcher , on a defended catch you might grab it and bring it to your chest or a GREAT catcher might turn their entire body away from a defender that is sensed in the area) you only have them based on animations. I may be explaining this wrong but let me try to clarify by bringing up your poor defense mechanics , defenders NEVER actually interact with the player their defending when user controlled unless you press the Chuck button or something. Like they don’t put a hand on the receiver when running with them , they don’t look back at the QB to see if the ball , also press coverage is only animation based , so a highly skilled route runner may get clamped up by a poor defender just because the animation was triggered. It isn’t skill based. It’s only animation based. I didn’t pay $60 just to watch animations play out. SOMETIMES (a Pat on the back) a player may trip over another one if they’re too close while running. But other than that , the players don’t seem to realize anyone else is in their vicinity unless an animation has triggered. Zone coverage is horrible , man coverage is useless. Zone doesn’t work 80% of the time because defenders don’t react to the players entering and exiting their zones and man doesn’t work because the animations say so. 

These issues , ALL OF THEM , have been prevalent since AT LEAST Madden 17. I feel incredibly disrespected now due to the fact that I’m beginning to feel that you just 

Message 1 of 15 (8,408 Views)

Re: Madden 21 Franchise too easy & extremely unrealistic

★★★★ Apprentice

(cont.) don’t care about the customers and make minor tweaks and some new face scans then put out the same game every year. 

Message 2 of 15 (8,398 Views)

Community Manager

@glendaog 

Thank you for taking some time out to write out detailed feedback on areas of the game you want to see it be more realistic. Good news is that the team is committed to making Franchise better. Although I don't have any details on whether there will be any confirmed changes to the simulation engine, I can tell you that I've seen feedback around season stats on the forums and have been sending it their way. They're aware of these requests and we should find out more info on our next Madden in the months ahead. 

They did mention new scenario engine enhancements though.

MADDEN NFL 22
For Madden NFL 22 it is still very early. We are at the very beginning of the planning and pre-production of next year’s product. That said, we’ve been actively discussing some of the areas we’d like to focus on, stemming from your feedback and player engagement. Here are few of the areas, while not fully committed yet, we are exploring creatively:

• Coaching and staff management
  • Scouting improvements
  • New scenario engine enhancements
  • New team chemistry system
  • Commissioner Tools improvements
  • MORE CONTENT - Examples: Relocation/Branding Assets for Franchise - New uniforms, names, and logos to relocation options for more variety and depth in deeper careers.

Plus other key additions that we’ll reveal as we get deeper into the year for Madden NFL 22 development season.

(Source: EA Forums)

Do you play on All-Madden or with custom slider settings to make the game more difficult? If you're playing on a hard difficulty and still put up 60-80 points, you're quite skillful. It's possible you're just playing at such a high level the game will always feel easy, especially if you have been paying the Madden franchise for a long time. It might be worth adjusting the sliders to make the game harder for you if that hasn't been done yet. 

Blueberry.png
Message 3 of 15 (8,365 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I do play with edited sliders , which improved the game very much. But that is what brought it to the level that I described. The gameplay on standard sliders is infuriatingly easy. Basically take what I described , multiply the annoyance by 50 and that’s the standard sliders. But thank you very much for replying and supplying the information that you did , it is very much appreciated. 

Message 4 of 15 (8,356 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Also , this is very small , I may be the only person who notices but the socks really irritate me on some of the uniforms (lol) like the Falcons standard uniforms or the color rush uniforms or the Rams standard uniforms. They don’t have the white socks (the low , tucked , normal or high socks) over the color socks (the colored leg sleeve looking socks)

Message 5 of 15 (8,353 Views)

Community Manager
@glendaog No problem! It's important to get feedback like yours on these forums and create these type of conversations on the forums so the developers know what areas of the game they need to improve upon.
Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 15 (8,351 Views)

Community Manager

@glendaog 

Franchise mode will continue to be a priority for Madden NFL 22 per the Executive Producer. The team can't wait to show you what they have planned for the next game. Thanks again for the feedback! 

Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 15 (8,348 Views)

I'm wondering how the superstar abilities and x-factors fit into playing with modified sliders?

I did not play franchise mode a lot in Madden 21 and stopped playing it since it is very easy on standard sliders on All Madden difficulty because 1) there are some plays that almost always work and 2) it is so easy to read the defense. frankly, I simply didn't think of changing the sliders back when I was playing franchise mode but did some trials now (after reading this thread) how the game works when modifying them. I guess it is much more difficult to complete passes if your QB throws the ball anywhere but close to your WR (it was a very weird feeling seeing that my QB is not able to complete a passing attempt for 5 yards after having completion rates of 95%+ all the time with my "pocket deadeye" 99 OVR Alex Smith in MUT :D), etc. but for me it would be more fun if the strategic aspect would be more important (i.e. the chess factor requiring that you use plays that work against the formation and play your opponent has chosen and the AI adjusts to what you are doing).

anyways, back to my question: I guess the positive effect of adjusting the sliders is eliminated as soon as some players have x-factors and abilities. for instance, having a Lamar Jackson with perfect accuracy (due to one of his abilities) on all throws on the run (even for 50+ yards, no matter in which direction Lamar was running when throwing the pass...) while another QB does not complete a single pass all game long, no matter how easy the passing attempts are. I guess that balancing the game (in its various difficulty and playstyle settings) became much more difficult when x-factors and abilities had been introduced. consider comparing  2 teams where one has a perfectly accurate QB and a perfectly catching WR, and the other has not (while both teams have the exact same players)....

____________________________________________________________________________________
        Positive Play - Feel the emotions, but be aware what they are telling you!
Joy: you like it! Anger: you don't like it! Frustration: you don't like it but cannot do
     anything against it! Aggression: you don't like it and want to break something.
____________________________________________________________________________________
                   Tell everybody (@joy), give constructive feedback (@anger),
                    ask for help (frustration), and have a break (@aggression)!
                     I try to help out other players, but I'm not an EA employee

Message 8 of 15 (8,330 Views)

★ Guide
@Neo_Novalis Agreed
Message 9 of 15 (8,308 Views)

★ Guide
@glendaog agreed!
Message 10 of 15 (8,306 Views)