Re: Madden 20 simulated kicking

by Messi10BB

Original Post

Madden 20 simulated kicking

★★★ Newbie

Madden 20 Dev Team,

Can you please do something about the simulated kicking in Face of the Franchise mode? I am playing my 3rd season through with the Dolphins and, when stopped and forced to kick, my kicker is 2 for 30 or so on short field goals inside the 10yd line, has about 20 blocked field goals, and the team frequently calls a fake pass or run instead. The only time the kicker usually makes the kick is between the 15-30yd line. Overall, my team’s kicker usually has stats like 6 for 20 FG and misses a few extra points each season. It would be great if my kicker could make 70% or more of his field goals like a real NFL kicker, especially inside the red zone. The game has been great otherwise, thanks!

Message 1 of 11 (5,310 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have a similar issue, except mine it looks like my team doesn't even attempt a FG when close to the goal line. It looks it just changes possession. When I look at stats it doesn't show a FGA or a turn over.

Message 2 of 11 (5,246 Views)

★ Guide
@JRMark86 I don't have the issue with the missed FGs, but they almost always go for it on 4th, but I don't actually get to play it. If the coach is going to go for it 75% of the time (which is unrealistic), I should at least get to play the down.
Message 3 of 11 (5,225 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for raising this to our attention we'll make sure it gets tracked down. The team fixed a similar issue with the scrambling QB stats in the last update.

• Fixed an issue preventing scrambling QB’s from accruing the appropriate amount of rushing yards when using Supersim
Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 11 (5,181 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Please fix this in QB1. On fourth down in the red zone the Sim always calls a fake field goal. I'm loosing games because my team is leaving 3-9 points on the board. Extremely frustrating and making the mode unplayable.

Message 5 of 11 (5,153 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Blueberry any word yet on when this will be adressed?
Message 6 of 11 (5,060 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry wrote:

Thanks for raising this to our attention we'll make sure it gets tracked down. The team fixed a similar issue with the scrambling QB stats in the last update.

• Fixed an issue preventing scrambling QB’s from accruing the appropriate amount of rushing yards when using Supersim

Well..? It's October now, and I just lost the SB by 1 point because of this in Franchise with a wr. With 7 seconds left on the clock I get taken off the field on 3rd down at the 4 yard line. This would mean they win by fg. Instead they probably fake it or something, cuz nothing on the statS.. and SB loss.

Message 7 of 11 (4,631 Views)

★★★★ Novice

EA can't fix this issue because they don't know how and never will this be addressed or fixed in anyway shape or form but I bet that won't stop us intellectuals from buying the next crappy Madden title.

Message 8 of 11 (4,180 Views)

★ Novice

how do you kick a goal with pc

Message 9 of 11 (3,412 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Any update for Madden 23?

Message 10 of 11 (1,520 Views)