Madden 20 Title Update - 8/14/2019

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

Madden 20 Title Update - 8/14/2019

Community Manager

Hey, Madden fans!

To ensure Madden is the best game possible, scheduled updates are deployed by the Madden Development Team to add features to the game after launch and to tune gameplay based on community feedback. Our launch updates focus on many of the issues that Madden players report to us. We thank you for your feedback - you've helped us improve Madden NFL 20. We look forward to further feedback and are committed to continuing to meet your expectations.

Here is a detailed breakdown of what’s included in today's title update.

Key Highlights

DEV NOTE: Today’s title update is very small and focused on very specific stability and usability issues. There are no gameplay, presentation or PC updates in this title update, but there are title updates in the works to address some of our player’s feedback in those areas in the near future.

Global Updates

• General stability, performance & connectivity improvements and fixes
  • Reduced the chances of encountering a disconnect from online games when transitioning into gameplay. Additional fixes remain under investigation for future title updates.

Franchise Updates

• Fixed an issue causing more than one overtime to occur in regular season games when using the ‘Play the Moment’ feature
  • Fixed an issue causing the game to enter a state where it would not end when failing an objective on a fourth down during the last play of the game
  • Fixed an issue causing the game to enter a state where it would not end when the clock expired during a safety by the CPU when playing either Face of the Franchise: QB1 or Player-locked Franchise
  • Fixed an issue causing a soft-lock on the Weekly Game Boosts screen after running only one play before the quarter break when using Supersim
  • Broncos defensive playbook has been updated to reflect new Broncos Head Coach Vic Fangio
  • Fixed an issue sometimes preventing the college overtime rules from being honored in Face of the Franchise: QB1

Madden Ultimate Team Updates

• Added a popup when exiting the lineup screen whenever you have a player with X-Factor or Superstar Abilities and available slot in the ‘Activate Superstar X-Factor’ menu.
    • DEV NOTE: We are noticing a lot of players are equipping X-Factors and Superstar Abilities but not going the extra step to “Activate” them. As a reminder, you can only choose 3 players from offense and 3 players from defense and only those 6 players will carry X-Factors and Superstar Abilities into the games you play. Nobody else on the lineup will have either X-Factors or Superstar Abilities brought into game unless they are activated. We have some additional support coming to make this even more clear but for now this popup will serve as a reminder to go activate your players.
  • Fixed an issue causing the X-Factor and Superstar Abilities to lose functionality when restarting or using the ‘Play Next Challenge’ feature
  • Fixed an issue preventing the proper values from displaying when attempting to equip a chemistry associated with both a positive and negative value
  • Fixed an issue preventing users from linking Wildcards already in a set to the Auction House
  • Improved performance of the ‘Play’ tab on the MUT menu

(Source)

Blueberry.png
Message 1 of 5 (602 Views)

Re: Madden 20 Title Update - 8/14/2019

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Blueberry If I have a full league of 32 players in my franchise league that started over the weekend do we need to start a a new league for the August 14th patch to be applied? Thanks in advance for your help!
Message 2 of 5 (568 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Great that you can level up by answering questions. That is EA being extremely innovative.

Message 3 of 5 (552 Views)

Community Manager

@MANetherland wrote:
@EA_Blueberry If I have a full league of 32 players in my franchise league that started over the weekend do we need to start a a new league for the August 14th patch to be applied? Thanks in advance for your help!

@MANetherland 

You won't need to start a new franchise in order to apply the title update. Thumbs up

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 5 (524 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@EA_Blueberry  My friends and I have a problem on our Connected Franchise... A commissioner turned Salary Cap off without realizing that it can not be turned back on... Is there a possibility in the next Madden update that would allow you to turn the salary cap off and on, so we are able to fix the issue? Would mean a ton...

Message 5 of 5 (471 Views)