Product: Madden NFL 19
Platform:PC
Which console generation do you have? XBOX One S
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? djwhowe
Date/time issue occurred 08/09/2018
What type of issue do you have? Crash/Freeze
Which mode has this happened in? Franchise Mode
Which part of the mode? Cloud
Summarize your bug Playing in franchise mode as the Redskins. The game is currently tied (even when I try to reload the game). Once the game ends, it just shows the sideline players and never goes into overtime. The menu does not come up and they only way to exit the game is to force close it from task manager.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In franchise mode tie the game after the 4th quarter
What happens when the bug occurs? Can't continue or end the game
What do you expect to see? Overtime mode
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? 1080ti
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32GB

Playing in franchise mode as the Redskins. The game is currently tied (even when I try to reload the game). Once the game ends, it just shows the sideline players and never goes into overtime. The menu does not come up and they only way to exit the game is to force close it from task manager.

Message 2 of 47 (27,388 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Franchise mode stuck in overtime

★★★ Newbie

It worked for me when I simmed to the next quarter on the last play of the game. 

View in thread

Message 34 of 47 (24,542 Views)

All Replies

Madden 19 (and 17 and 18) Overtime Freezing Problems

★★★ Newbie

So in Franchise mode in Madden, for the past few editions of the game, when you reach the end of regulation and go to overtime the game almost always freezes.

I was just wondering if anyone else has been running into this and if EA will ever notice this bug. Really annoying, especially when it happens in the Super Bowl.

For a further explanation: The clock hits 0, and the camera fixes itself on one sideline as players do idle animations until the end of time while the commentators explain the rules of overtime. So far in Madden 19 this has happened eight times and I’ve only had one game that didn’t end this way. 

In conclusion, maybe it’s better to go for two if you have a chance to tie at the end, making the game unplayable if you don’t, and forcing you to delete the “game in progress” from the menu. 

Message 1 of 47 (27,959 Views)

Re: Madden 19 (and 17 and 18) Overtime Freezing Problems

★ Novice

Yes I have had the same issues. I submitted a bug report yesterday. Seems like EA is more interested in adding features than they are fixing bugs. RPM doesn't mean * if your game is frozen.

Message 3 of 47 (27,917 Views)

★★★ Novice

The only way to fix it is load the franchise and play the game over. It happens EVERY TIME you tie the game. The announcers come on and explain the overtime rules and the game just sits there zoomed in either on the sideline or just some spot on the field. Come on EA!

Message 4 of 47 (27,278 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same thing as Redskins, although in the 4th Quarter at the huddle the play timer expires as i cant set a play or anything and once the timer ends the game just changes camera angles and is stuck, i have to ALt+F4,

Message 5 of 47 (27,267 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

have this issue on PC too, franchise mode, end of regulation happens and the camera pans to the sideline and stays there while the announcer explains OT rules and no UI is displayed.

Message 6 of 47 (27,255 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Had exactly the same issue happen to me on two seperate games had to restart the first one. Reloaded the second game a couple of times to see if i could skip or supersim but no difference. After I ended the game and reloaded for a third time the resume game option took me back to the first quarter! Appaling from EA. I like a tight game and playing OT is exciting but it puts me off franchise mode until they sort this out.

Message 7 of 47 (27,210 Views)

★ Novice

Same problem here. Completely ruins the experience. The only solution appears to be to delete that particular game and play the team again. What a joke.

Message 8 of 47 (27,175 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This has already happened to me twice 8 games into a franchise. Not fun at all. Reloaded the first game with 3 seconds left about 20 times trying to get a 70 yard TD, the second game I ended up taking a safety and forfeiting just to progress... so silly

Message 9 of 47 (27,159 Views)

Re: Madden 19 (and 17 and 18) Overtime Freezing Problems

★★★★★ Newbie

Having this same problem on Madden 19 PC.

Restarted the game several times to no avail.

Message 10 of 47 (27,665 Views)