Low level units in master level

by itchypwet

Original Post

Low level units in master level

★★★ Newbie

I’m not a spending player. Low level units and low level commander but I reached master level. I cant do * now and it’s also almost impossible to win in the events (master level). Guess the only thing left to do is come back on Wednesday of the next month. 😂🤦🏻‍♂️💩🤷🏻‍♂️

Message 1 of 13 (2,385 Views)

Re: Low level units in master level

@itchypwet It’s not worth going too high with low level units. My suggestion to you is to start over on a new account. When you get to diamond, stay there until you at least reach level 11 units.
Message 2 of 13 (2,358 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Forget about events for three months , you will drop back down to diamond . We all have to tank. Don’t go near master unless u max out level 12 or in level 13. Also, master people usually macro , use few tech units, (Recently titan became fav tech unit).

Message 3 of 13 (2,296 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@jackau wrote:

We all have to tank.

Nobody has to. That is nonsense.

Message 4 of 13 (2,279 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Mister_Crac wrote:

@jackau wrote:

We all have to tank.

Nobody has to. That is nonsense.

I respectfully disagree. If you are a free player and do not pay to level up your units, you’ll reach Masters with level 8 and 9 units in a week to go up against players who mostly have level 12 and 13’s. There is no winning after that. It’ll take over a year to get them up to 12’s and 13’s for free. 

So if you do not tank and stay in Diamond, you will suffer defeat after defeat no matter how good you are. 

Message 5 of 13 (2,273 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@Marine_CorporaI wrote:

I respectfully disagree. If you are a free player and do not pay to level up your units, you’ll reach Masters with level 8 and 9 units in a week to go up against players who mostly have level 12 and 13’s. There is no winning after that. It’ll take over a year to get them up to 12’s and 13’s for free. 

So if you do not tank and stay in Diamond, you will suffer defeat after defeat no matter how good you are. 

Well, EA has probably done this intentionally. They expect you to get frustrated with losing, and then opening up your wallet to level up your units. I'm not saying that this is good, just that it was probably meant to be like this on their part.

Additionally, the people who designed the Rivals Race were too dumb to realize that it could be abused. Or maybe they did want to fix that, but as we all know in July 2019 the people who could make changes to the game's design and code were either laid off, or sent off to work on other projects.

Message 6 of 13 (2,259 Views)

Right. Of course it’s designed that way so you reach a wall to have to pay if you don’t want to keep losing. Any company would be a fool to not implement it that way if they want to stay in business. 

It was much harder to tank before the surrender button. You had to disconnect by closing the app and starting over and then having to wait for the match that you disconnected from to finish before you can play again to do it again. 

But all you guys fought tooth and nail for that damned surrender button. Now it is being massively abused like I said it would be. 

Message 7 of 13 (2,249 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@Marine_CorporaI wrote:

But all you guys fought tooth and nail for that damned surrender button. Now it is being massively abused like I said it would be. 

The reason that it is getting abused is not that it merely exists though. The reason that it is being abused is that the game gives you an incentive to lose medals before a Rivals Race starts, which is an example of utterly stupid game design.

Message 8 of 13 (2,221 Views)

@Mister_Crac wrote:

@Marine_CorporaI wrote:

The reason that it is getting abused is not that it merely exists though. The reason that it is being abused is that the game gives you an incentive to lose medals before a Rivals Race starts, which is an example of utterly stupid game design.

Had it not existed though, less people would tank. I never tanked before. Why? I wasn’t  going to close the app, wait for the game to reload, and wait for the match that I disconnected from to end so that I can do it again 20 more times. 

Now I do it because it is so damned easy so as not to hit Tiberium with level 10 units in GDI and level 13 units with NOD. 

The surrender button is the demise of this game like I said it would be. 

Message 9 of 13 (2,206 Views)

★★★★ Pro

The demise of this game is that EA has mostly abandoned it, and is not willing to fix most of the issues that exist in Rivals. We haven't had a single bugfix since Avinash became the community manager half a year ago. Design mistakes persist. Bugs persist. That's the real problem.

Message 10 of 13 (2,179 Views)