Re: Lost progress after new iPhone

by janrainstar

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Lost progress after new iPhone

★ Novice

Hey everyone/anyone out there ... i just upgraded my iPhone and lost EVERYTHING because i thought that the iCloud backup would "work."  Now in order to get my stuff back i need at least the Ally Code for my Guild and preferably my old Player ID associated with my progress, neither of which i have naturally.  My old player name is Jan Rainstar, and i had a Guild with myself and one other player, called Boshudaah (spelling possibly off at the end with the a's ...).  I would be super grateful if anyone could help me figure out how to find this information otherwise i've just lost out completely and don't think i can start over ... i had many many maxed out characters and a handful with Zeta Material.

Message 1 of 6 (12,813 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)
@GladOS-013 Thanks for your help on this. I managed to locate the account and sent @janrainstar a PM with the details and how to retrieve their account progress.

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (12,710 Views)

All Replies

@janrainstar Hi, swgoh doesn't use iCloud to backup. It is linked to your Game Center account. If you can log into your new phone, go to game center, and login with the same email address as your last phone, hopefully that will match and your will restore your old account.

★ Novice

hi GladOS,

thanks for your reply.  i may be out of luck there too ... i'm not entirely sure i ever synced with Game Center on my old phone.  Think it'd be possible for you to search for that Guild i mentioned (something close to Boshudaah in spelling) to see if you can grab the Ally Code or if my "old" Player ID is visible?  in any case i appreciate your help.  Thanks

JR*

Message 3 of 6 (12,774 Views)

@janrainstar Hi, sorry for the delay! I'm just a player, not an EA employee, so I don't have special access.

I did a guild search and I found a guild named "Boshudda" that has one member at 492,979 GP. Unfortunately, the guild is "by invite only", so I can't join it to look up your ally code.

Perhaps @CG_MindTricks might be able to assist you further tomorrow, when they get into the office.

Community Manager (retired)
@GladOS-013 Thanks for your help on this. I managed to locate the account and sent @janrainstar a PM with the details and how to retrieve their account progress.
Message 5 of 6 (12,711 Views)

★ Novice

EA_MindTricks,

Thabk you so much for retrieving my Ally Code!  With it i was able to recover my progress.  Now i can play again.  Such a relief.  Thanks again!

JR*

Message 6 of 6 (12,575 Views)