Re: Losing medals for loses sucks

by Bio-Xima

Original Post

Losing medals for loses sucks

★★★ Newbie

I really hate losing medals for losses.  Especially when I am 10 away from a milestone and matched up against far stronger armies and lose 5-6 in a row.  At the very least a milestone should act as a save point and not be allowed to go below.  0 points for a loss seems to make more sense to me, maybe less points for a win.

Message 1 of 5 (511 Views)

★★★★ Guide

ya the medal loss needs to go away 

Message 2 of 5 (441 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Eventually everyone in the world would be in Tib League ... that doesnt work.

They can maybe balance the medals, since i see a lot of complain, but take the medal loss away would make everything worse.

Message 3 of 5 (410 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @ZIOJOE4,

Thank you for your feedback. Medal gains and losses are tied to league progression, which is a measurement of player skill. With a competitive game like Rivals, having the ability to measure your skill growth is valuable to many players. Without the ability to lose Medals, this measurement won't accurately show your skill growth, as you can only increase in rank. 

We introduced experience and player levels, which can't decrease over time, as a way to measure the amount of time a player has put into the game. Units now unlock based on player level, not medal count, so players can continuously work towards unlocking new units.

In terms of a 'save point,' leagues are designed to function in that role. Once a player reaches a new league (e.g. going from Silver to Gold League), they are unable to fall back to their previous league. Within a league, players can freely move up and down divisions.

Message 4 of 5 (399 Views)

★★★★ Guide

ya but the medal loss and gain are still too random 

i would like to see player stats before the match begins 

Message 5 of 5 (365 Views)