Re: Lightsaber Combat Change Revert

by raidernaphtali

Original Post

Lightsaber Combat Change Revert

EA DICE Team

We're preparing a server deployment which will revert changes made to lightsaber combat in the latest update. We're currently in the testing phase but all going well we will deploy the update on Monday.

Will bring you more info as we get closer to the time. This will be a server deployment, meaning no client download is required.

(Source)

/Atic 

Message 1 of 7 (811 Views)

Champion

The last patch heavily spoiled the lightsaber combat and I thought that should be fixed.

But I didn't expect it is so fast.

impressive-most-impressive-58238968.png

Message 2 of 7 (794 Views)

Hero

Nice!

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 3 of 7 (735 Views)

★★★ Guide

Has the update been deployed??...I just went into the arcade a few hours ago and saw the same problems with the lightsaber....not registering hits/stamina issues 

Message 4 of 7 (674 Views)

★★ Novice

Rey dash is still draining all the stamina on hit, same goes for Obi Wan Rush.. Also Yoda force push works trough block and some times Yoda dash att wont even work... Meaning I was getting hit by a Light saber, and I clicked Dash att, while Maul should die, cuz he had like 50 lives, my dash att was taken from 1 to 0, no dmg dealt to Maul and he got 3 free swings on me killing me...

Hit detection is still terrible and stamina drain is crazy when you get shoot... 

Basicly what you managed to fix/reversed is that Light sabers dont hit a mile away (still Rey is able to do the same as before). 

Ragdolling is also crazy, because sometimes even if I block, Kylo or Anakin pull goes trough like Yodas and then I am tossed around by 4 diffrent force users until I am dead in 4 secs... 

Not to mention that somehow it is possible that people can choose 3 Vaders or 3 Anakin in Hvsv, match making doesnt exsist and Grevious and Bossk jumps are redicolus... 

Lastly playing large scale modes... When Heroes or Villans are set to 2 max at the same time it happen that 3 or 4 Heroes or Villans run around (no event btw).

And until you fix all that, you can add what ever content you like, game will still be in caos. Latley my fav mode is classic team Death match or extraction, cuz I dont have to deal with most of the bug infested things. Do it can still happen that I roll away around the corner and I die due to game register that I was still standing in the open. 

Message 5 of 7 (649 Views)

Hero

@raidernaphtali wrote:

Has the update been deployed??...I just went into the arcade a few hours ago and saw the same problems with the lightsaber....not registering hits/stamina issues 

@EA_Atic - What say yee?  

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 6 of 7 (598 Views)

EA DICE Team

The server changes went live on Monday on the 9th @DarthFDG

The changes are more of a bandage to the issue then a full blown fix. 

/Atic

Message 7 of 7 (565 Views)