Re: Let's collect some game play tips

by Peligrad

Original Post

Hero

Great topic.  Thanks for posting.

I generally follow the tips, yet I still suck!  LOL  (It's all relative, I suppose.)

Anyone have any advice on specific videos to watch that will help?  While there's quite a few out there, I would prefer to spend my time on the videos that are most helpful.

Thanks for your help.

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 21 of 42 (2,042 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Once you've invested time into the game and have the option for various load outs for your trooper, it is important to customize your load out to best fit your role and the combat scenario you want to put yourself into.

Different primary weapons have different effective ranges and time to kill. 

Don't fight fair. Setup your load out to have a clear advantage over other load outs and then force the fighting scenario where you are most advantaged.

For instance,

If you are playing a heavy at close range consider running the improved shield card and the TL-50. If you are playing a heavy at long range then the ion turret card and a scoped FWMB will suite you much better.

Message 22 of 42 (1,997 Views)

★★ Guide

@Peligrad wrote:

Once you've invested time into the game and have the option for various load outs for your trooper, it is important to customize your load out to best fit your role and the combat scenario you want to put yourself into.

Different primary weapons have different effective ranges and time to kill. 

For instance,

If you are playing a heavy at close range consider running the improved shield card and the TL-50. If you are playing a heavy at long range then the ion turret card and FWMB will suite you much better.

Yes, good one!

Have you heard or read anything about presets? Swapping out three cards and a weapon on a regular basis will get quite tedious.

Message 23 of 42 (1,988 Views)

★ Guide

I hope they come out with this. I haven't heard anything.

I have two main load outs that I switch between. Luckily it is just one card and one primary that I switch between the two...

Would be really nice to have pre-sets.

Message 24 of 42 (1,986 Views)

★ Guide
When playing ad Phasma, her blaster actually becomes more accurate the longer you fire with it. Her initial shots can go wide, but the longer you fire the more dead on she becomes, making her unlimited ammo reward from the mini game amazingly powerful. Plan her staff strikes in advance with doorways if scan darts and such are used revealing enemies to you, they are slow to begin and can be easily dodged otherwise. Found this interesting while testing her in Arcade.
Message 25 of 42 (1,884 Views)

Hero

@stahn456 wrote:
When playing ad Phasma, her blaster actually becomes more accurate the longer you fire with it. Her initial shots can go wide, but the longer you fire the more dead on she becomes, making her unlimited ammo reward from the mini game amazingly powerful. Plan her staff strikes in advance with doorways if scan darts and such are used revealing enemies to you, they are slow to begin and can be easily dodged otherwise. Found this interesting while testing her in Arcade.

What "mini game"?

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 26 of 42 (1,870 Views)

★ Guide
That's what EA says when they talk about the cooldown bar after you overheat.
Message 27 of 42 (1,864 Views)

★★ Guide

I've added your tips now, thanks!

Also added this one:

The Wookie warrior: use alternate fire to switch from horizontal to vertical fire. This is great for full-body hits.

Message 28 of 42 (1,837 Views)

★ Apprentice

Does anyone know how to dodge roll as Leia?

Message 29 of 42 (1,698 Views)

Hero

@NickJaime00 wrote:

Does anyone know how to dodge roll as Leia?

same as roll for everyone - left alt on PC

Message 30 of 42 (1,687 Views)