Let's cheat some....

by Oldskewlcandc

Original Post

Let's cheat some....

★★★★★ Apprentice

Why is one side able to build two Harvesters and the other side is only able to build one? Is this because I've done 7 events-iron rain matches and nobody can beat it?

Message 1 of 3 (337 Views)

Re: Let's cheat some....

I’m not sure what the screenshot proves? If one player hasn’t unlocked the ability to open 2 harvesters yet, he can’t open 2 harvesters. This happened to me in other events when I didn’t unlock NOD yet. Or the one player just didn’t want to use a 2nd harvester. I hardly ever do even though I can be because I use cheap units and no expensive tech and would rather have an extra unit on the field fighting than a harvester collecting tiberium that I don’t need.
Message 2 of 3 (324 Views)

Re: Let's cheat some....

★★★★ Pro

@Oldskewlcandc wrote:

Why is one side able to build two Harvesters and the other side is only able to build one?

For the screenshot that you posted, the answer is simple:

The blue player cannot currently build a second harvester because they have too many other units on the field already.

Every unit that you put on the battlefield, including every harvester, counts towards the population cap. This restriction is there so that people can't just spam units like crazy.

No cheating involved here, as usual.

Message 3 of 3 (300 Views)