by Agent3gg

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Let her marry! - Marriage with an elder Sim

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? ?
OS Version ?
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile )
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? with the same situation?
What do you expect to see? available option
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Australia
Country
Additional feedback

HEY
so my sim is at level 10 relationship and completed romantic story with an elder sim (she aged in the middle of the dating process - one of the randoms in your town, not someone i made). I can't find anyone option to propose to her.

Is it because shes an elder? or because my household already has a married couple and a child (i havent promoted the child to a playable character as i'd like to make the elder move in)

Message 1 of 8 (6,078 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: LET HER MARRY!

EA app Team
Hi @Agent3gg,

Active/selectable Sims in The Sims Mobile are always adults, so sorry for the confusion, but yes, you are not getting the option to marry that couple because one of them is an elder already. Time goes so fast! Frown

If that's ok with you, you could always keep them in love, even if they don't marry.

Hope you can find a happy ending for your Sim Standard smile
-Mai

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (6,750 Views)

All Replies

Re: LET HER MARRY!

EA app Team
Hi @Agent3gg,

Active/selectable Sims in The Sims Mobile are always adults, so sorry for the confusion, but yes, you are not getting the option to marry that couple because one of them is an elder already. Time goes so fast! Frown

If that's ok with you, you could always keep them in love, even if they don't marry.

Hope you can find a happy ending for your Sim Standard smile
-Mai
Message 2 of 8 (6,751 Views)

Re: Let her marry! - Marriage with an elder Sim

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice
I managed to marry an elder by taking advantage of the "Here Comes the Wedding" event. It would be nice if they actually allow marriage with an elder.
Message 3 of 8 (5,611 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well, this definitely answered my question... though, I am disappointed. I just spent a bunch of time advancing the love story between my playable sim and an elder townie... only to find out that I can't get them married (and I'm assuming they can't have a baby together?). Would love it if they added the ability to marry elders! :-)

Message 4 of 8 (5,411 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Jmho, but it’s kind of a sad commentary on our society IRL today, that elders get shoved aside & it’s assumed that they are no longer useful in society.  Life doesn’t end at retirement, so I wish they’d stop pushing that option so heavily. I actually wish that there would be more events/careers/hobbies for the elders to do in Sim Society besides mentoring.  

Wishful thinking would be for a game to dispel that stereotype & prejudice in the Future!  

Just like we have LGBTQ, BiRacial, and even Alien Families, so shouldn’t our game be our choice?🌈  Love is Love is Love! 

May/December relationships happen IRL, so why not on here too? 

And, Why couldnt one elder marry another?   

Getting off my soapbox now  & slinking away —  Again jmho

Message 5 of 8 (5,392 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@katclawsx3 Speaking as an elder...Here, Here...and what they said ☝☝ ☺

Message 6 of 8 (5,360 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Agent3gg wrote:

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? ?
OS Version ?
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile )
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? with the same situation?
What do you expect to see? available option
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Australia
Country
Additional feedback

HEY
so my sim is at level 10 relationship and completed romantic story with an elder sim (she aged in the middle of the dating process - one of the randoms in your town, not someone i made). I can't find anyone option to propose to her.

Is it because shes an elder? or because my household already has a married couple and a child (i havent promoted the child to a playable character as i'd like to make the elder move in)

@Agent3gg @EA_Mai  So is there any update on this?? Cause it's been a cool year and a half almost and I'm not seeing any new information. I'm in this same boat and it's not fair!! 

Message 7 of 8 (3,988 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

@CremisiRammarico I know what you mean. It's 2023 now, but I'm honestly afraid to try 😕 I'm a story teller and often bend my characters around that. I wanted to make a sim that romances one of the elderly townies I'm fond of, have them get married, and adopt a child but I don't think I'll be able to do any of that! It's really sad for a game built on creativity and the relationships forged between the sims we create/encounter, and NOT be able to enjoy the stories that the player could have told 😞 (Even if only to themselves) This Elder mechanic could have changed by now, but I've yet to see any imformation indicating that. Saddly, like many other players, I don't have the resources to try. If anyone does I'm curious what the result was. 🤔 I'll look around more just in case 🤷

Message 8 of 8 (1,160 Views)