Re: Leia overpowered?

by PremierVenoth

Original Post

Leia overpowered?

★ Apprentice
Is it just me or is Leia overpowered now? Just played a game on Crait and after about 5 mins all players on both sides hadn’t even reached double figures in kills yet one person on the defending side was already up to about 62 kills!! I don’t usually pick her as a hero, I will in future though as it seems a pistol can out do a sniper rifle quite easily now.
Message 1 of 10 (1,360 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Yep, I've been killed at least 50 times over the past few months by Leia standing on the opposite side of the map just picking off everyone. You normally can't even see her, but if you can she's usually inside her "squad shield" with just her hand sticking out shooting, so you can't kill her even from the other side of the map, even if you do send a few shots her way.

Message 2 of 10 (1,324 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Even Heavy Troopers have no effect on defeating Leia, which is quite odd that the distance fire is that accurate. Maybe I am just incompetent and aiming and firing...doubtful. 

Message 3 of 10 (1,308 Views)

★ Apprentice
I’ve mananged to land a one or two headshots on her to no avail, all it does is alert them to my position. If I’m very very lucky I’ll see the blaster bolt down the sniper scope and be able to dodge out the way but not very often.
Message 4 of 10 (1,296 Views)

★ Apprentice
I’ve not played heavy since they nerfed it. Admittedly I had a lot of fun playing heavy, sometimes taking down multiple heroes. So probably was overpowered but they nerfed heavy too much.
Message 5 of 10 (1,295 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Leia's secondary fire one shot kills a normal trooper/droid... And it somewhat tracks. So as long as the aim is pretty close and the enemy doesn't move too much, you're gonna get the kill.
Message 6 of 10 (1,255 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

You can use big vehicles like MTT, ATAT etc do hide from her secondary fire. The autoaiming feature of the ability will target the vehicle instead of you. As any character in this game, she has her pros and negatives. Her biggest advantage obviously is her firepower. E11 is a great counter against the emperor for example. On the other hand she is really weak. You can kill her in few seconds with any weapon. Even basic weapons do way much damage to her.

Therefore, in my opinion, she is a balanced hero. The tradeoff is pretty good between attack and defence.

Message 7 of 10 (1,214 Views)

★★★ Guide

Agreed ^^

It just happens that on Crait she's great.   The immense, open, flat area makes her a massive win button - it's not Leia it's specifically her on that level and outside.

Still - in that specific situation, she's a bit much.

Message 8 of 10 (1,176 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey everyone!

Thank you all for the feedback about Leia! Standard smile

In my opinion, that's a really interesting conversation with some good arguments, which I'm going to share with the studio. We're always looking for your opinions about hero balance, so thanks again and don't hesitate to share more Wink

/Ataashi

Message 9 of 10 (1,154 Views)

Leia in Heroes vs Villains...You can get mauled fast there, as most of the maps are made for close encounters. The shield won't help you against the lightsabers, so you will die a lot. Leia is pretty good into countering blaster heroes and Palpatine, but she is done if Maul, Ren or Vader are near. And those three can cover the distance fast (don't forget that the lightsaber heroes can jump higher and further than the blaster heroes). Even with the blind grenades and lots of dodging you won't get away when a lightsaber hero is near Leia. Couple of slashes, later she's down. 

Yes, Leia is good in really specific situations, but most of the times she is in the middle or dead last.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 10 of 10 (1,139 Views)