Legends in Offline Play

by Annek21

Original Post

Legends in Offline Play

★★★★★ Newbie

Is there any indication out there that Legends will be usable in Franchise via a patch. If not that is just lazy and greedy on EA's behalf..

Message 1 of 24 (3,932 Views)

Re: Legends in Offline Play

★★★ Newbie

I agree.  This is ridiculous.   Why can I not trade the players on the Alumni teams to any other team.  Why do I have Wayne Gretzky in the game yet not be able to play with him on the Edmonton Oilers in Season or Franchise mode.  the same with Guy Lafleur.  Why can I not put him on the Montreal Canadiens in Season or Franchise mode.  Plus there are far less than 200 Legends in the Alumni teams.  if the only way to play with these Legends is in HUT, EA should have been straightforward and honest about this before releasing the game.  Instead all I heard was Legends here, 200 Legends there, you can play with alongside today's players etc.  EA forgot or to tell us that you can only play with them on HUT.  Well what if I do not like to play hUT and only play Season mode? 

Message 2 of 24 (3,907 Views)

Hero

@vinnie775 @Annek21

The Legends had to be left out of roster moving/Franchise/Season modes at launch because of a bug their age was causing. 

The dev team is working on getting that fixed before making them available for those modes. 

•—————————————————•

If a message helped you, please give it XP! Click the XP button at the bottom of the post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Not an EA employee

Banner AHQ Hero Mass Effect.png

Message 3 of 24 (3,893 Views)

★★★ Newbie

First question, are you an employee of EA sports?

Second question,  why is it taking soooo long for EA to answer this question.  On the EA Sports NHL 19 Facebook page many people are asking this question and not one answer.  Trying to get this answer from them or any body that works for EA is like pulling teeth.  Why is EA so secretive with this?.  And, how long will it take them to implement this change?  they already have my money.  They seem to spend so much time on useless * in HUT.  Just work on this.

Message 4 of 24 (3,887 Views)

★★★ Newbie
When will this happen?
Message 5 of 24 (3,883 Views)

★★★ Novice
one bug with age and they are working on it 10 days ? botchers
Message 6 of 24 (3,869 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@Socair

I'm not saying I don't believe you, but is there a source for what you are saying? It's already been 10 or 11 days, that seems like a long time for a patch that fixes ages

Message 7 of 24 (3,861 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Annek21 @vinnie775

No I’m not an employee. All EA staff you see on here will have an “EA” in their username. 

I am relaying info as I see it, whether that’s from the NHL series forum or from EA NHL staff on twitter, primarily the NHL series community manager (Twitter @TheFlopFish)

Here’s an example reply to the question of Legends not being available yet. 

https://twitter.com/theflopfish/status/1037442867684233216?s=21

•—————————————————•

If a message helped you, please give it XP! Click the XP button at the bottom of the post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Not an EA employee

Banner AHQ Hero Mass Effect.png

Message 8 of 24 (3,850 Views)

★ Novice

ONLY reason i bought this game was because they were bragging about the 200 legends being used in any mode.  Wanted to put the legends on todays rosters like in nba 2k19.  I agree that if they wanted this done, it would have been done by now.  Money grab to buy HUT cards, f*uck that.   I never play online let alone HUT.  So if this doesnt get patched to where you can put legends on todays teams, total waste of $60 on my end

Message 9 of 24 (3,817 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

ea stolen my 60 bucks i wanted legends on 14 sept not month two later completely bad ...bring 200+ players but only 30 have real faces  ..difficult made more? 4 years the same goalie masks ....little things but  ...i play nhl 09 and fans made tons of faces masks .... its not difficult lazy EA lazy lazy you want money money only money

Message 10 of 24 (3,790 Views)