Re: Legacy edition - squad building challenges

by RudiAndre123

Original Post

Legacy edition - squad building challenges

★★★★★ Apprentice

So originally bought 18 legacy edition to play offline H2H but started to look into Fut. So upgraded to 19 just to play some.

But seems like there is a big lack of SBC's. All Nation, League and some in Advanced that was available in 18 is missing. So 99,7% of the cards is currently useless and basically worth the discard price.

The following is stated on ea.com
"There’s no new features for the Legacy Edition this year. You’ll be able to do everything you were able to do in FIFA 18’s Legacy Edition."

But even today there is more content in 18.

Will something be added? Or is the option just to stop playing and wait for next gen. Since upgrade to current gen is not an option so late in its life time.

Message 1 of 5 (439 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

No response from EA regarding this? 

Chat support told me to post it here. 

Message 2 of 5 (398 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Impossible to get any answers to this? Other support option just sends me here. 

Had i known that 19 would have much less content than 18, i would never bought this one and stuck with the previous oneConfused

Message 3 of 5 (372 Views)

Community Manager

@RudiAndre123 Sorry for the delay, I missed this when it was posted. The Xbox 360 released November 22, 2005, almost 14 years ago; over the 6 years of the current gen consoles being available it's grown harder and harder for the 360 and PS3 to keep up performance wise with the changes in technology like the Frostbite engine and newer vastly more powerful hardware.

That necessitated the team to both work on content for the current gen as well as maintain the Legacy editions of FIFA, the code isn't cross compatible so it has to be redone completely for the Xbox 360/PS3 versions. The further we get into the current gen the harder it is to keep the Legacy versions up to date and at some point we have to draw a line at what will and won't make it to the Legacy versions, unfortunately Live content like the SBC's are extremely time consuming and those resources must be allocated elsewhere to more critical tasks. 

I understand the frustration, but this is just the way it has to be currently.

EACade
Message 4 of 5 (367 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I understand that, but just too bad that it was stated that everything would be the same as 18 but with updated cards. 

So false advertisement is basically what was done and would have been better to not release the game on old gen at all and not cheat customers. 

If it has not been released then i would probably bought the ps4 for this.  Probably will next seasob, but will use the gaming money on Konami and PES. 

Message 5 of 5 (358 Views)