Lazy employees.

by Nimbindi

Original Post

Re: Lazy employees.

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Nimbindi Not so fast... don't let me throw you off the path of 'Dine Out' and 'Get to Work' with my glitch or annoyance issues. Bottom line is that I LOVE both 'Dine Out' and 'Get to Work' and would hands-down get either of them before Cats & Dogs or the backyard pack. A bit of my reasoning and my top three pics/preferences on packs and why...

#1 ― Seasons  Very cool, lots of features added, and it made gardening and flower-arranging for a career interesting and a nice combination for my retail stores in 'Get To Work'. If you don't have 'get to Work', you can still work in the career and build the skill and sell arrangements - which can be pricy with certain high quality flowers from your garden.) I've had a lot of fun with the features of this pack... and it is WAY cool to see it snow and cover their world...) There are a lot of challenging parts that are a cool switch-up in your worlds.
#2 ―  Get To Work (I would combine with the 'Dine Out' pack so you can do restaurants also...) This pack allows you to build, purchase and run retail stores, and I use it a lot. ( You can also own & run restaurants if you add the 'Dine Out' pack. The restaurants are less profitable to my Sims for the time and effort spent, but are really a great challenge and fun. ) The stores (retail) are my favorite if used to sell their wares. You get a pretty nice profit if you sell high quality skilled items your Sims make (or grow). My Sim households who do this as a large household working and running the store as a group are both millionaires now. They do work hard and rotate managing/cooking for the store, etc., but it is a fun, great challenge. Just scale back to make it less work. Still... potential for great money!
#3 ―  City Living I enjoy this 'world' as an option for visiting or living in. I've always had my Sims in one of the penthouses or the 'Old Salt House' so they are not throwing away the rent money and because you avoid a lot of the hassles that apparently come with their apartment life.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 11 of 19 (1,049 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I made the mistake of buying Sims 4 off of eBay right after I bought a digital copy from Amazon for my grand daughter. After watching her play I got interested and wanted my own copy. I ended up giving that one to my grandson. So I needed a third copy for myself. Unfortunately, Amazon was out of stock 0f the digital downloads. So I went to eBay and found a deal that was too good to be true. For $4 I got Sims 4, Seasons, and Cats and Dogs. I then bought the backyard pack (so all three copies can run it). I was happy as a clam until 5 days later when the seller changed the password on me. Apparently he/she sells their account over and over, and then changes the password. I was able to get my $4 back but not the $10 I paid for the backyard pack (since I bought it from Origin. Anyway, in those 5 days, I was able to experience Seasons, and Cats & Dogs. After that fiasco, I went to Amazon, and bought the Sims 4/Cats Dogs bundle for $50 so I would not have to worry about anyone taking it from me. And of course, the backyard pack because my sims seem to like the water slide much more than any pool I build them. I did not buy Seasons because when I played for those 5 days. my one week of summer was 4 days of thunderstorms (which made ALL my sims uncomfortable). And since it costs just as much as the original game, I chose not to get it. I liked the snow covered stuff as well but not $40 worth of like.

Message 12 of 19 (1,020 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@NimbindiOh my goodness! You went through quite an ordeal to get your game up and running! Well, it's probably best that you just let the dust settle a bit and enjoy the game you have. I wouldn't judge the seasons by the poor weather you went through. Once you have played the game without it for a while, you may feel up for some changes, and that is a really cool part of what seasons brings.

Personally, I added packs one at a time, and most of the time when Origin had one on sale that I wanted. I picked up Cats and Dogs along with seasons (on sale) and didn't even try do anything with the Cats and Dogs area for a while because I thought it sounded like dealing with toddlers but less motivating.  Wink 

Keep in mind that if you add seasons there is a lot of gardening stuff, plus a florist and botanist career, which I have had a ball with! If you ever get both seasons and 'Get to Work', and if you like gardening and flower arranging, you can try out my 'Country Florist Cafe 2.0' (in my Origin gallery) IF you have a household developed with a cook, a florist, and a do gardening (though I think the plants you would need for the cooking and gardening are all in the cafe lot - along with the kitchen, cupcake machine, and flower-arranging table). I think that was the most fun to run for me, and they made thousands a day. You cook and make flower arrangements and the food (and produce you harvest) can be dragged directly into the 'Lice Cold Freezer'. Customers purchase directly from the freezer and all you have to do customer-wise is handle the flower-arrangement sales and clean some. Anyway, the florist career comes with seasons. Just one example of some things you may not have realized you can do with seasons, 'Get to Work', etc.

All depends on what you end up finding that you enjoy most in your gaming style. Also, remember that in seasons you can change the settings to not include thunder and lightening or blizzards, and you can turn off strong effects of weather on your sims. There is also an umbrella holder in build mode that you purchase and have each sim take an umbrella. They keep it and pull it out when out in the rain. Good to know... 

Anyway, I'm glad you finally got your game and I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do!

Message 13 of 19 (1,014 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Okay, so I've been wondering this for a while.

One of my employees in my vet clinic always has a negative moonlet -- mostly Angry. I can tell because of the way that she walks. She stomps around. She slacks off, and yells at the patients when greeting them. I go to my Manage Employees panel, and I see thet she is Very Unsatisfied. I'm not sure why. She's a Level 3 Vet, so I wasn't really sure what I was doing wrong.

So, here's the thing. If an employee at your vet clinic is Very Unsatisfied, are they able to quit their job since they are NPCs, or would I have to fire the Sim? (Firing a Sim is not really what I like doing, so that's why I'd wait until they quit, but I'm not sure if they actually do quit on their own.)

Message 14 of 19 (885 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@lizbug56 If the employee has no good reason (you've given them raises, praised them, helped with any training available, not made them work long hours or too heavy a workload, and have a decent relationship with them and atmosphere)... they may just be a poor employee (bad traits, bad fit for the job, etc.). In that case I would fire them and hire a better employee.

Message 15 of 19 (866 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

In my experience many, many of the sims who can be hired as employees are Hot-Headed and Mean. It's honestly hard to find a restaurant worker without these qualities. One strategy is you can interview them to find out their qualities and if they are hot headed you can fire them right away and hire another. Warning: this will make a LOT of sims hate you!

Message 16 of 19 (824 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Nimbindi

Do the employees not get better at all?? I have played the Vet clinic properly with two families and both times the employees got better over time.

The clinic I have played with the most now have two employees, both are very near the highest vet and charisma skill and promotion level and are quite efficient at treating patients.
In the beginning they were both quite horrible, just standing around, watching my sim do all the work. They would slwoly get better at accepting patients, but taking forever at examining them. Now they almost never just stand around and they are quite quick when treating patients. I regularly sent them on training and talked to them. They can still be quite rude and ungrateful though, which is a bit annoying.

I only give them a raise/promotion when they had improved their skills by two or three points. And I would try to take the time to scold them if they weren’t doing anything. When they do something «good», I would try to praise them.
It takes a bit of time, effort and patients though, and in the beginning you have to be there all the time And only have one employ the first few days.

Hope this works for you or there might be bug ?

Btw, it’s a bit easier to read if you try splitting your text into paragraphs. It’s all up to you, of course, but some people might not want read such a long text without any «breaks» 😅
Message 17 of 19 (798 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Nimbindi upgrade your robot vacuum in order to have auto-clean every 3 hours and 6 hours. You need at least level 8 handiness skills and an item for upgrading.
Message 18 of 19 (646 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, I'm going to lock this thread as it is quite old.

If having an issue then please create a new thread with as much info as possible. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 19 of 19 (634 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help