Re: Laser Squad should get a slight buff

by Shinerplunderer

Original Post

Laser Squad should get a slight buff

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I think laser squads are pretty cool, but are somewhat useless against infantry. I mean if a laser squad managed to hit your face with an obelisk laser, how would one survive? I think it is best if a laser squad attacks, it can knock down an infantry in a squad in one shot except for tougher ones like flame troopers, cyborgs and their GDI counterparts. They have a higher chance of hitting a target if there are more of them or the unit itself is big enough to never miss. Take rhinos, Talons and their Nod counterparts, they will lose if they attack the laser squad first. For infantry, it should have a percentage to miss that is relevant to squad size. A rifleman/militant should have about 70% chance to miss, a missile/laser squad should have a 80% chance to miss, a shock-wave/flame trooper should have a 90% chance to miss. A squad like Cyborgs/Zone troopers should have like 80% chance to miss cause they're big enough of a target, but are very resistant to it. Same thing could be said on Missile squads on how they should work against infantry.

Message 1 of 3 (299 Views)

★ Apprentice

If anything really needs a Buff is Scarabs. No way in hell they should kill an Orca Bomber or anything that has a lot of Health points. Two units of them, maybe. Almost as lame as Infantry or ground troops moving as fast an aircraft. 

Message 2 of 3 (277 Views)

★ Guide

They're meant to be suicide units, also what does one think will happen when one gets shot by a strong laser to the body? That should be insta-kill, but the laser squad's aim is weak as the weapon is quite heavy, likened to the flak trooper's weapon.

Message 3 of 3 (268 Views)