Re: Languages Spoken by Characters - English but Different Accents

by Its_Travis_199

Original Post

Languages Spoken by Characters - English but Different Accents

Champion

I recall that in BF4, it was difficult for teammates to understand what you were asking of them if you pressed Q on them for ammo/meds if you were playing a non-American faction. The Russian and Chinese factions spoke in a different language so those who didn't speak Russian or Chinese didn't understand what was being said. They could have just read the chat, but not many people do. Whereas, if you were an American faction player, then not only could you read it in the chat in English, your character literally says aloud to give you ammo / meds.

For BFV, can we please have it so that no matter what faction you are, they speak English but with the accents of their respective nationalities? Of course, this would only apply to English speaking players. But, I'd imagine that they'd be the largest demographic. Maybe it would be a good platform to test it for future Battlefields. I think it would be a good way to alleviate some of the frustration for players asking for ammo/meds, since your teammates will get a verbal / audio feedback that they understand.

Just my 2 cents.

If you found this post helpful, please leave XP.
If you disagree, please leave a comment.
Either way, it helps to make the post more informative.

I like game design - from itty bitty bugs to big ideas.
I don't work for EA.

Join us on our Easter Egg hunt.
Message 1 of 4 (572 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I hope I understood you correctly. Make the settings as in the picture, and for you all in your team will speak the selected language

Message 2 of 4 (552 Views)

Champion

Yes for BF1 I have that set like that. I was replaying BF4 lately and they didn't have that. I'm hoping that BFV has the same setting as in BF1.

If you found this post helpful, please leave XP.
If you disagree, please leave a comment.
Either way, it helps to make the post more informative.

I like game design - from itty bitty bugs to big ideas.
I don't work for EA.

Join us on our Easter Egg hunt.
Message 3 of 4 (536 Views)

That's a giod point from BF4.

I guess if we had it in BF1, we'll probably have a similar thing in BFV then. Since even DICE knows it's important to show the Teammates what you need (Ammo/Health)

Like in BF1 it also showed up the icon over your Head for the right teammate class what you need, once you clicked the "spot" button while looking at him. That's also a pretty nice extra. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 4 of 4 (524 Views)