Re: Language Change for Battlefront 2

by Holger1405

Original Post

@I_King_Fluff_I

I understand that this is somewhat frustrating, I also would like EA to handle this differently. 

I also tried to explain one of the reasons behind this politic above in this thread.

DELTA_CountVFluf wrote:

The "Origin store" version is forced on the user, so there isn't really a way to acquire another version aside from travelling abroad. Even if you try to go to the UK or USA store per browser, the moment you select a game you want to purchase, it directs you to the store of your region. Not that the prices differ that much.

You can buy an international version key at one of EAs trusted resellers, for example Amazon Germany or Amazon UK.  

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 31 of 46 (5,518 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Omg i hate EA for doing this! I just wasted my money and i want a refound. Why r u ruining the experience for Polish players??? This is disgustingFrown((( Same with Battlefield 4. Polish dubb only. R u kidding me?????!!!!!! I wont play this game but probably u EA dont care since i bought it. NEXT TIME I WANNA SEE BIG SIGN IN THE SHOP: "GAME ONLY IN POLISH DUBBING!". Why r u doing this to us????????!!!!!!!!!! I won't buy ANY OTHER GAME from u if u not gonna take down that ridiculus language block. I do not like u EA for that kind of corpo tricks! I feel cheated! U just lost the client.

Message 32 of 46 (5,260 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

GIVE US ENGLISH DUBBING! I know that u don't want english players to buy cheaper polish version. I know it's about saving as much money as u can EA. U don't have any scruple when it comes to money.

WHY DON'T just force polish subtitles only? Give us an option about dubbing. It's still gonna be unplayeble for english audience but fully playeble for us!

Pls i beg u, show us that u care about your customers and pls unlock english dubbing in this game, also in Battlefield 4 and don't ever do that kind of dirty trick on us! We spend our money on your product and for some ppl like me polish dubbing completely ruins the game. Again i feel like i wasted a lot of money for your product which is fun to play but impossible cuz of dubbing. 

Message 33 of 46 (5,256 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Pretty please with sugar on top give us english voiceovers. I cannot play that game that way ;((((((((
Message 34 of 46 (5,151 Views)

★★ Novice

Well i talked with someone with help center and she said that they dont have any information about patch or even files on official website to replace in main folder. Even "copy" progress from old to new game (buy new game)  isn't possible (maybe stupid question but there was always hope) Frown 

Message 35 of 46 (4,913 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@Holger1405 So, in other words, buy a game for 4 or 5 times the price, considering how much Polish currency is worth, just because developers at EA are * *? Yeah, no. There is literally no reason for this decision, other than to mess with people.

Message 36 of 46 (4,017 Views)

★ Apprentice

But this is not true. In Poland we don't get cheaper games on release - as few people already said here, we pay the full price. Which actually means we pay 4 times more in comparison to western countries, because PLN is worth usually around 1/4 of Euro, and countries like Germany have their average salary of around 2500 EUR, while for Poland it is around 850 EUR. And still, our games on launch cost the same as for Western countries.

Russia is different topic - their prices for games are actually cheaper, and even in Poland we see a trend for Russian game accounts being sold for pennies. 

But EA has thrown us in the same basked, and we in Poland are treated the same as guys from Russia, even though we don't see it in the prices of the games. So how come? By the logic of game prices, we should be in the same basket as Germany, UK and the likes, and have our language available in the same package as they have - so english included. But no. It was the same thing with Mass Effect Andromed (I was so pissed at that). I thought that in few years something would change, but it is all the same, few years later. I am actually starting to wonder if we can sue EA for this on any ground - like unfair treatment of customer. 

Message 37 of 46 (3,732 Views)

★ Apprentice

It's 2019 and we're still treated as second-rate customers. We pay the same bloody money customers in the west do and somehow we aren't given the same benefits of that. If I didn't know any better, I'd say this is simple discrimination on EA's part. It's disgusting.

Message 38 of 46 (3,696 Views)

★ Apprentice
@AntaresPlatinum That's the thing, it doesn't need a patch, the data is there, it just needs to be unlocked for our region, but somehow EA's developers are either too stupid for that or they're messing with us on purpose.
Message 39 of 46 (3,695 Views)

★★ Novice

Imagine being an English person living in Poland who doesn't speak the language... I had the trial of this game in England. moved over here and purchased the game, installed and only available in Polish language as the store changed to Poland based on this.. I can't even understand the damn writing in the game so that makes me trying to figure out the cards etc very hard. 

Message 40 of 46 (3,630 Views)