Re: Lack of matching terrain paints

by PugLove888

Original Post

Lack of matching terrain paints

★★★ Apprentice

Its really frustrating when the terrain paints available to us do not at all match the words we build in. The lots would look a lot less obviously bordered off if we had more painting tools. For example the gravel road in strangerville. There are similar paints but very few exact matches for anything. You've obviously made the textures. Why can they not be released to us for building? Why is so much locked into the background? Like that great chainlink fence in GF. That is a common real life fence and obviously someone has meshed and textured it. Why not let us use it??

Message 1 of 5 (2,376 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

In fact there's a lack of consistency across all game content. The team will release several swatches of wood colors in each packs build items but the colors are always off from different packs. Considering we lost CAST having  consistent palette just feels like a no brainer to me and it would be no more work than the team already puts in. I feel it would be wise for future sims games ie 5 because its probably too late to fix a lot of these issues for the team to consult with real life professionals who aren't game developers. Ie architechts, interior and exterior designers, fashion consultants, makeup artists, HAIRSTYLISTS PLEASE. I'd just love to see a sims release where I can go wow, okay this is actually comparable to the real world that we live in. A game that looks right without custom content. 

Message 2 of 5 (2,368 Views)

Champion

@PlumbobBren, I agree with you !  Matching textures/colors for terrain paint is a huge thing for people who love to build and landscape in their game! Raised eyebrow  And who isn't familiar with chain-link fences! Large smile They might not be the prettiest, but they are very useful and create a certain atmosphere!  Also,  I've seen requests for certain doors to be made in colors that other doors are made in.  I've had similar issues with clothing, too!  Disappointed I understand that the TS3 CASt tool created a lot of problems for people who didn't have a fantastic computer (as it did for me Devil ), but they should at least give us some more color swatches (especially on the items that don't come with many swatches to begin with!) Wink There should be at least a black, gray, white option, in addition to all the wood colors for building materials. 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 5 (2,358 Views)

★★★ Novice
Absolutely agree 100% however they partially answered this in The Sim Supply's recent Q&A video. The background stuff is often made by different teams with different methods and different physics to the actual items. It's a side effect of having a large team working on it! Not the best excuse tbh but they are aware of the matching issues and background issues. I would think terrain paints should be easier to implement though and I would love for them to patch in all the background textures, it would save me so much time blending 4-5 similar paints. Same issue with the beach in windenburg and the granite falls forest floor.
Message 4 of 5 (2,340 Views)

Champion

@KlaireWaffle, thanks for that info! Angel That explains a lot, actually! Large smile

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 5 (2,331 Views)