Re: Joining Empty Games - EA PLEASE RESPOND

by MikStevo

Original Post

Joining Empty Games - EA PLEASE RESPOND

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Hey guys,

There are some issues with joining games. I have consecutively joined numerous games that make me wait for more players to join; stating: "Players Needed: number of players"

Sometimes i need to wait for 15 or more people before the game can begin. I think this is very poor service. The same game types need to either combine to fix this problem, or allow people to join a lobby before entering a game, so they can see how many players there are in a game (like star wars battlefront 2015).

It wastes lots of time having to join and quit games, followed by re-searching because of this issue. It is purely frustrating having to wait extremely long periods of time, continuously, for people to join an empty game as well. Could an EA representative please address this issue? Regards

Message 1 of 7 (920 Views)

★★★ Pro

I'm really surprised that this got no attention. I tried playing all day (even made a thread in the bug reports section about this), but even after I finally found a good lobby, when the map changed, I was all alone again. But the thing is, most of the time, nobody even showed up afterwards. Just out of curiosity, I let a HvV (but it could've been any other mode) run while I was doing other things, and after 15 minutes the only thing that changed was that the only other guy left aswell. I refuse to believe that there are not enough people playing for a good lobby.

Message 2 of 7 (892 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well yesterday I played Galactic conquest all day and servers was full. OFC most people start playing only in evening in my location about 18:00-19:00. But in day there is some servers with 20-30 people.

Message 3 of 7 (868 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hey mate, this does happen often however give it time, sometimes EA has span up a new server so you have been put in it and it is waiting for players, give it 5 mins and it may fill up, if not then obviously there is an issue, usually for me i get full servers after they have been empty for 5 mins

Message 4 of 7 (865 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Yep, it's really annoying, spending half of my one day off work, trying to find a game to join but only finding empty lobbies. The most annoying part is that you wait and wait and wait, then finally join "a match" and go through all of the loading screens only to be confronted with another empty lobby? 

Message 5 of 7 (822 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi

I feel your pain, I the same problem, wait for 10 mins and no one joins, very annoying! try another game, wait for ages to join and yep, waiting for players, repeat until I get bored and do arcade mode, AGAIN. Come on EA give us more server info and choice, please!

Message 6 of 7 (783 Views)

★ Apprentice

A trick to avoid this is if searching for a game takes more then 15-20 seconds, just cancel and reclick Galactic Assoult or whatever gamemode you were trying to find a match for.

I've been able to easily avoid empty lobbies this way. You can also try to change your ping-location. If you search for a game in a ping location where most people are either at work on sleeping then ofc there's going to be less open games to join.

Message 7 of 7 (703 Views)