Re: Izzy Collections - How much Gems to spend for Rare

by BlueWizardRob

Original Post

Izzy Collections - How much Gems to spend for Rare

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide
Hey there fellow Simmers, as the title says, "How much Gems are spent to get a Rare Izzy item?", to those who have collected rare stuff, Congratulations! But please, do tell us of your experiences (how many items you got before the rare, or how many tries it took) and how much Gems you willingly spent in the process. Standard smile

Just to give an insight on the other Simmers too
Thank you my fellow Simmers, and happy Simming to all!
*Current version: 9.3.0
Message 1 of 6 (1,112 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm sure it's utterly random. I made the original purchase of 20 gems, and then I did the "try again" 5 times (16 gems per retry). I got nothing gud after 100 gems spent.

Message 2 of 6 (996 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

It is completely random.  If you click on the tiny question mark on Izzy's screen you will see that there is a 60% chance that you will get a common, 30% chance you will get an uncommon and a 10 % chance you will get a rare.  This chance is independent, with a separate chance for clothing style, a separate chance for visual effect and a separate chance for bonus trait.  

I had saved all of my gems and bought 15 Izzy's all at the same time.  I got 3 with rare styles, 5 rare powers and 2 rare effects.  One of the purchases was a personal favorite, a sparkly super hero costume of talent.  (rare costume, common effect and rare bonus) 

Message 3 of 6 (927 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

I posted too fast.  I just did 10 more Izzy's purchases.  7 were meh....two were useful and then there was this gem.  This is probably the best I could ever get, exactly what I was looking for.  The only change I might wish for is a different color.  I like the blue super suit better, but this is so awesome.    Now I have two super suits, one that is good at careers and one that is good at hobbies.

Message 4 of 6 (912 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

To create a new design in Izzy's fashion shop, I usually only had to spend 15 gems. All of a sudden, the price is up to 20. Im not sure if its a bug because I see other people have a price of 20 gems also. When I retry a design, I just had to pay 11 gems, and now it costs 16 gems. Was this change part of a new update that Im not aware of, or was the change for some other reason? If anyone can clarify this, I would appreciate this.

Message 5 of 6 (665 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@TomSpeedy180 wrote:

To create a new design in Izzy's fashion shop, I usually only had to spend 15 gems. All of a sudden, the price is up to 20. Im not sure if its a bug because I see other people have a price of 20 gems also. When I retry a design, I just had to pay 11 gems, and now it costs 16 gems. Was this change part of a new update that Im not aware of, or was the change for some other reason? If anyone can clarify this, I would appreciate this.

For me the price has always been 20/16

Message 6 of 6 (649 Views)