Item limit

by badboybren

Original Post

Re: Item limit

★★★★★ Expert

@muddystain Oh yeah, the item limit is infuriating. I haven't been able to make significant changes for a while and won't get to until the problem is resolved. However, you have navigated the item limit extremely well! Your house is fantastic!

Message 71 of 271 (1,533 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@muddystain I love your house and I agree about the item limit. The only thing I've found is increasing your Lifestyle Value does help but not much. It seems that @VintageStarlette 's Sepia toned Sims are starting to take off...love it! 😉😊

Message 72 of 271 (1,510 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Just a heads up...the June 20, 2018 update messed up the item limit worse than it was previously. Can't buy the new Farmhouse items unless you put even more things away. It's awful! 😤😟😭

Message 73 of 271 (1,461 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Wutta shame. These used to be able to go outside & now they can't. This game just gets worse & worse. I wanted these as decoration for my yard. EA ruins everything

Message 74 of 271 (1,449 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Tiffany562411 I agree totally. Sometimes I wonder if they are trying to make us miserable. It's a shame. 😢😧

Message 75 of 271 (1,441 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@PaQuilter1 My vibe says EA is using sims mobile for money for something else & my vibe says sims 4. It's nice to do things for sims 4 but it's evil to take advantage of people for it.
Just take a good look around.
Notice how they don't do anything for TSM except only add things that make them money. Notice how they don't wanna add anything to the game that won't make them money. Notice the bizarre overpriced prices on everything & more.
(Bad News)
I called EA & asked them to increase the item limit & he told me they have no plans to do that in the future. So pretty much he told me no.
Now notice this. Increasing item limit would not make them no money. U see. They don't wanna add anything that will not make them money & they only wanna add stuff that will make them money. I hear their going to be adding more venues & more hobbies & more careers & I bet it will cost us from a event to earn it.

Message 76 of 271 (1,430 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Tiffany562411 Unfortunately, I think you are right. I spent money on trees. They let me put them all out but I had to put most of them away. I am so tired of buying something, they let me put it out and the next update, I have to store it. I won't be doing that anymore. It's their loss, not mine.

😢😕

Message 77 of 271 (1,423 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Hmm... If a definitive decision on the item limit exists, I'd like to know what the definitive decision is so I can either 1) choose to invest more time and money, 2) stop playing, or 3) accept permanent limitations and adjust my play within those limitations.

I love to design. As things are now, we're kind of at a stalemate because we can't exercise creativity—only accumulation. If I knew the item wasn't ever gonna improve, I might consider redesigning my entire house to try something new. Instead, it's like sitting on a rock waiting for something to happen?

Message 78 of 271 (1,408 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@VintageStarlette Good luck. I hope they change their mind about the item limit increase but for now as they told me it's a no as I said in my last post at #76
Message 79 of 271 (1,403 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Tiffany562411 wrote:
@VintageStarletteGood luck. I hope they change their mind about the item limit increase but for now as they told me it's a no as I said in my last post at #76

Based on what they said and when it appeared and what they say every time it decreases, I'm absolutely sure that they are not deciding to put an item limit.  I am very sure that they are "optimizing" (the word they use) resources to solve problems, like the party problems, that are caused by too many things with too many variables and too many graphics and too many animations.  They are causing crashes and bugs so they "optimize" it and limit the number of resource eating things you can put out. That shows up to us as the dreaded item limit.  In reality they would need to rewrite their code to be much leaner, tighter and streamlined, in short making much smarter use of code.  That is hard and expensive.

Message 80 of 271 (1,392 Views)