It's Okay to Lose...

by Marine_CorporaI

Original Post

It's Okay to Lose...

When someone of greater skill than you beats you.

What's with all the whining on this board with people here. You have some people who complain about tile blocking. You have some people who think that there is a grand conspiracy by EA to make it so that you lose. You have some people here who complain about getting beat by people of their own league who have units upgraded higher than them within the league's parameters. You have some people here who complain about someone else's unit being too strong but then using their own unit that's too strong against their opponent and winning in another game.

It's a game. You can't win every single game. There are times when you win and times when you lose. Every time you win, someone else loses. Should they complain then?

There are times when a person with level 11 units within the same league as you beats your level 10 units and their are times when you beat them with your level 10 units. There are times when you have a challenge battle with an opponent of a higher league that beats you and there are times when you beat them.

Ever think about when YOU are the challenge battle and you beat someone with inferior units and skill than you from a lower league? It's okay then right? It's okay as long as you win and it's okay for them to lose. Right?

It's a game. If you win 5 out of 10 games you are a decent player. If you win 6 out of 10 games you are doing good and advancing. If you will 7 out of 10, you are exceptional. Even the guys at the top of Tiberium league lose too. 

You can't win every game. You can't win most of your games. When you are having a good day and you do, someone else loses. That's how it works. You are that someone else who loses when you have a bad day and YOU are that someone who makes someone else lose when you are having a good day.

End rant. 

Message 1 of 14 (517 Views)

Re: It's Okay to Lose...

★★★★ Guide

I think people care medals more than losses with the misunderstanding of how medals work

Message 2 of 14 (492 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@Marine_CorporaI wrote:

There is some truth in what you say.

The game is rigged though to very heavily favour a certain playstyle. On many of the maps, it is extremely easy to bring out double harvesters and big tech units. Stomping others into the ground with bigger units does not have much to do with skill at all, in my opinion.

Message 3 of 14 (472 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Mister_Crac wrote:

@Marine_CorporaI wrote:

There is some truth in what you say.

The game is rigged though to very heavily favour a certain playstyle. On many of the maps, it is extremely easy to bring out double harvesters and big tech units. Stomping others into the ground with bigger units does not have much to do with skill at all, in my opinion.

On certain large maps, I agree with you. But there are ways to beat those that use tech units. What I've been doing on the large maps is sending a few rockets to their harvesters. If they double harvest, i get at least one. That opens up my air factory with the bonus. I then send another set of rockets to their harvesters so that they can waste more money making infantry while I occupy the pads with air. I'll get the first missile. Then I send air to their base and work on depleting it some more. 

They'll be busy trying to occupy the pads for the 2nd missile and defending their base at the same time. I let them take that missile.  A couple ion cannons to their base and it's destroyed along with whatever damage my air units did.

It doesn't work all the time if they are on an emulator with a mouse moving things around. But if they are using their fingers like the game is meant to be played, I'll usually win over half of those battles in the large maps doing that.

You got to go for their base after you win the first missile. Sometimes they get so focused on protecting that base after they lost the first missile, that they forget about the 2nd. Play it by ear and adapt to what they do after the first missile while you work on going for their base. They may not put many units on the pads if they start busy defending their base. 

Message 4 of 14 (453 Views)

I'm getting my butt handed to me in Masters by all the tiberium league players that got pushed back. Just lost like 7 in a row followed by one victory and another like eight losses in a row after that.

I guess I should just start complaining here. Maybe a resign button should be in order. EA is doing this to me on purpose. It's too hard. I'm going to die!
Message 5 of 14 (415 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I have been poor connection all day long but I have to get fuel.

Message 6 of 14 (408 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@Marine_CorporaI wrote:
I'm getting my butt handed to me in Masters by all the tiberium league players that got pushed back. Just lost like 7 in a row followed by one victory and another like eight losses in a row after that.

One could make a point that everybody should get reset to the beginning of the league that they were in. So Master league players get reset to the beginning of Master 3, Tiberium players get reset to the beginning of Tiberium league, and so on.

Message 7 of 14 (384 Views)

That would be the best solution. 

Message 8 of 14 (364 Views)

★★★★ Guide

No then there is no way to go down.

Message 9 of 14 (354 Views)

[ Edited ]

Well, I just created another account under the same name. I'm currently in Bronze league now. I already know which units I will be playing so starting over is kind of fun. No money will be wasted on this account. I will try to reach Masters again this time free. Should be easy to do since I will not waste time and money upgrading units I will never use.

Message 10 of 14 (346 Views)