Re: Is there going to be any more single player campaigns added to Battlefield 1

by RanzigeRidder2

Original Post

Is there going to be any more single player campaigns added to Battlefield 1?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I really love this game, and especially the single player campaign mode. It seems that game designers these days think that all people like to play is online multiplayer stuff. While that is fun as well, I like to play the games with story modes more. It gives a sense of completion. If I knew that the DLC for the Battlefield 1 Season pass was going to be all multiplayer I probably would not have bought it. I was hooked from the very first campaign, and wish that the French and Russian downloads had single player campaigns as well. However, that is just the thoughts of a 40+ gamer. Please let me know if there are going to be any more single player modes available for download. It would be a great addition. 

Sincerely,

Anthony Frasca

Message 1 of 9 (11,500 Views)

Re: Is there going to be any more single player campaigns added to Battlefield 1

★ Novice

Well, looking back at previous Battlefield games, no additional singleplayer content was added. It's safe to say that no additional single player campaigns will be added with future DLC, especially considering we didn't get campaigns in the previous two DLCs. It's too bad, I'd have liked seeing new campaigns too, but realistically, Battlefield has always been a multiplayer series. Many people would be mad at DICE if they included a single player campaign in a DLC if the multiplayer component of the DLC was flawed, or even just lacking.

Message 2 of 9 (11,476 Views)

★★★ Pro
Checking the battlefield history it seems that there will be no update on the single player mode.

If you try to play the multiplayer mode you will finde some missions, assignments and challenges to play and you will have fun.

Maybe you can give it a try.

▪Helpful Answer? 》Grant +XP ✔
▪Problem Solved? 》Accept it as Solution! ✔

Regards,
DICE Friend,
VIP-AHMAD-007
Message 3 of 9 (11,468 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@ajfrasca1975, As others mentioned already this has never been done in the Battlefield series. Battlefield is famous for it's multiplayer and the campaign usually got neglected. Ok it was there but it never has been the core of any Battlefield game. In my opinion the BF1campaign was the best in the series and me too would loved to see war stories being added with the DLC's but I knew this never would happen.

I'm a 40+ gamer myself  and I know very few games where after launch single player content is being added. As soon as a game is launched game developers will pay less and less attention to the offline component. Yes they will fix obvious bugs and fixes but after that all their attention is focussed on multiplayer as that is where the majortiy of the player base needs them, and of course they need to start developing their next title. So the dev team that worked on the BF1 campaign is now probably already working hard on the next tilte that is to be expected towards fall 2018.

I share your feeling though. I love the multiplayer, and yes there I need fresh content, so I'm happy the dev teams are on that . But I would also have love to seen additional war stories being added to the campaign, but that just ain't gonna happen.

Message 4 of 9 (11,459 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Sadly not.

Message 5 of 9 (11,452 Views)

★★★ Guide

While not on-hand I'm fairly certain it was mentioned somewhere that more War Stories was an interesting idea but ultimately it's not likely to happen, at least with any of the main expansions.

If we do see it chances are it'll be through a bonus update some point in 2018, but the current road plan doesn't mention it so unfortunately I wouldn't get your hopes up. Personally a War Story from the French / German point of views would be interesting to see.

Message 6 of 9 (11,429 Views)

★★ Novice

Before 1991, when there was no internet here in the UK the only games you could play were man against the machine (you against the console/pc). Some of us still prefer it that way. At least the pc/console will not pull the plug if you are winning or slate you for losing. Also there is a certain satisfaction to beating the machine. Yes I know we should grow up or move on but I still prefer playing against the machine.

Message 7 of 9 (10,454 Views)

Champion (Retired)
You dug up a post from almost a year ago just to say that?
Message 8 of 9 (10,429 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Locking this thread because of necroposting.

Message 9 of 9 (10,416 Views)