Is there any one career that is better for making money?

by orcadragon17

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Is there any one career that is better for making money?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Noticed some careers seem to be quicker at finishing when you are actively playing. For 30 energy I was able to complete the quick shift of the restaurant three times just a minute ago. I noticed maybe the coffee shop is the worst because you cannot go past level 5. For 30 energy I was able to do a quick shift twice as a barista. I tend to do one career until a Sim retires excluding at the beginning of playing the Sims Mobile with the barista position. 

I have one more career storyline to complete (photography) it would be cool if each career/friendship/hobby had a different story the second time you played it. There could be a new story the third and maybe fourth time too. That would be a way to give long time players (of which I am not) more to do in the higher levels. Or perhaps there could be a way to unlock new storylines. I see for adding new careers there is limited space.

Anyway, what is your strategy for making money, does the career really matter after you have completed the storylines?

Message 1 of 9 (874 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Is there any one career that is better for making money?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Career/hobby doesn't matter, except as you already mentioned for Barista, the rest are all essentially the same.  You get to high level and do quick shifts.  Since all of the careers and hobbies are the same payout, if you are trying to generate money in a hurry, choose hobbies.  You can have 2-4 sims running at the same time.  I have a nemonic system so I can click each sim in turn without forgetting any.  I start the action and move to the next sim. By the time I get back to the first sim, he/she has earned a green checkmark and is ready to go again.  Hobbies have the additional advantage of being in the same place as your bed and bathroom so you can recharge energy a few of times a day.  You can do quite a lot of shifts very quickly.  I can get all my sims from level 0 to level 10 in hobbies in about a day and a half without using any cupcakes or simcash to hurry things.  I've done it in less than a day, but that required being attentive and devoting more time to the game more than usual.   It also generates lots of simoleons.

A note about one more difference in the careers.  Cooking career's main action doesn't produce career XP, it produces food items that produce food XP so it is slower than the rest, requiring 2 actions to get the same number of XP, unless you are careful to only choose talking to the co-worker or clicking the tables.  It does have one advantage that the other careers don't. Almost all houses have a stove so cooking career has bonus actions at every party.

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (1,045 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Career/hobby doesn't matter, except as you already mentioned for Barista, the rest are all essentially the same.  You get to high level and do quick shifts.  Since all of the careers and hobbies are the same payout, if you are trying to generate money in a hurry, choose hobbies.  You can have 2-4 sims running at the same time.  I have a nemonic system so I can click each sim in turn without forgetting any.  I start the action and move to the next sim. By the time I get back to the first sim, he/she has earned a green checkmark and is ready to go again.  Hobbies have the additional advantage of being in the same place as your bed and bathroom so you can recharge energy a few of times a day.  You can do quite a lot of shifts very quickly.  I can get all my sims from level 0 to level 10 in hobbies in about a day and a half without using any cupcakes or simcash to hurry things.  I've done it in less than a day, but that required being attentive and devoting more time to the game more than usual.   It also generates lots of simoleons.

A note about one more difference in the careers.  Cooking career's main action doesn't produce career XP, it produces food items that produce food XP so it is slower than the rest, requiring 2 actions to get the same number of XP, unless you are careful to only choose talking to the co-worker or clicking the tables.  It does have one advantage that the other careers don't. Almost all houses have a stove so cooking career has bonus actions at every party.

Message 2 of 9 (1,046 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@BlueWizardRob Just saw this right after I posted a question in the economics thread. So hobbies DO generate Simoleans. Why was I under the impression they didn't? Hm.
Message 3 of 9 (759 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@VintageStarlette They generate the same as the careers. The level 10 Hobbies pay the same as the Level 10 Careers. I keep my Sims at home doing hobbies once they Level their careers up to 10. It's just easier to have them all in one spot. 😊☺

Message 4 of 9 (742 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@VintageStarlette I think I read it on one of the older posts that @BlueWizardRob answered. 😊

Message 5 of 9 (741 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
Ah, got it. And I'm beginning to understand why level-40 players are becoming disenchanted. In the absence of challenge, and in the absence of freedom to meet a challenge if there happens to be one...not much left.
Message 6 of 9 (734 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@VintageStarlette Exactly. Especially when there are no relationship stories left to do either because all the prizes have been won. I think EA's intent here is to constantly make new Sims and constantly having to level them up but the way the game is now, it's kind of counterintuitive. There are no new prizes for leveling up relationships with the loss of higher level incomes in careers and hobbies, it doesn't make sense to keep retiring our Sims and with the "Item Limit" it makes it even worse. 😮

Message 7 of 9 (729 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@PaQuilter1 wrote:

@VintageStarlette They generate the same as the careers. The level 10 Hobbies pay the same as the Level 10 Careers. I keep my Sims at home doing hobbies once they Level their careers up to 10. It's just easier to have them all in one spot. 😊☺

I do the same.  A sim generation lasts about 2 weeks for me.  The first five days are career, the last 9 days are hobbies at home, romance and other stuff.

Message 8 of 9 (691 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@VintageStarlette wrote:
Ah, got it. And I'm beginning to understand why level-40 players are becoming disenchanted. In the absence of challenge, and in the absence of freedom to meet a challenge if there happens to be one...not much left.

And there are stupid limits on items in your house and on Izzy's.  Plus you have to be worried about bugs every time you start a romance or try to move in another sim.

Message 9 of 9 (688 Views)