Is there a child mode for the Sims?

by HeavenlyButtter

Original Post

Is there a child mode for the Sims?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi! I want to know if it is possible to set a mode to restrict certain interactions during gameplay (ex. Woohoo, Make Out, etc. ). I had bought the game for a family member, unfortunately she is not allowed to use it  at the moment because of these social interactions. She really loves the game but she's growing up into her teens and does not need that kind of influence right now.

Message 1 of 7 (12,123 Views)

Re: Is there a child mode for the Sims?

Champion (Retired)

There is no such mode.

The Game is rated pegi 12 for sex and violence so I don't understand why you bought it for someone this young.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 7 (12,104 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I mean the game is M after all..

Message 3 of 7 (12,040 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@HeavenlyButtter wrote:

Hi! I want to know if it is possible to set a mode to restrict certain interactions during gameplay (ex. Woohoo, Make Out, etc. ). I had bought the game for a family member, unfortunately she is not allowed to use it  at the moment because of these social interactions. She really loves the game but she's growing up into her teens and does not need that kind of influence right now.

Hi SBDP77.

You did say your player is growing into her teens. I would like to be helpful and suggest that if she were to continue to play the game, that she create every single new Sim she creates with the "Not Flirty" trait, and also, to not choose the "Romantic" trait (the one with the rose.) 

The "Not Flirty" trait makes the Sims uncomfortable with romantic trait Sims. However, several of the pre-created Sims (such as Bella Goth and Don Lothario) are pre-created with the "Flirty" or Romantic" traits, which means if they are flirted with my other Sims will flirt back. This does not mean they will kiss on their own, but it doesn't mean they never will.

I play with Bella Goth, and she will talk to other Sims at a Bar, but she has only ever kissed her married partner Mortimer Goth in my game.

I have never seen my Sims choose to do "Woohoo" on their own, but that doesn't mean they won't if they get real flirty with each other. But usually the PLAYER has to choose or not choose for their characters to "Woohoo." So, I dunno if your player can be trusted to not choose her characters to not "Woohoo" when their choice bubbles offer it.

You may want to check the traits for all your pre-created Sims to see whether or not you want to actually delete any of them. There is a choice in Gameplay Options to not fill the empty houses, and then go through and check their traits to see if they should be deleted or not. Even the unhoused Sims will walk around town and meet your created Sims.

You can also help your PLAYER to choose clothing and bathing suits that cover up more of their skin if you like, as many of the clothing choices are revealing. I do this anyways if I'm creating Miss Marple or someone like that. I shut off the "Swimsuit" filter in Create-A-Sim (CAS), and then instead of a bathing suit, I'll choose a Top and short skirt I imagine Miss Marple would wear if she were to ever go bathing. You can shut off the filter under every single mode of dress so all the options are open to choose from, instead of Only Formal, or Only Swimwear, etc.

Also, to take away any imagination you don't want your young player having to experience, Captain Sauce on Youtube (Warning! he is very risque in his Sim play,) has made a video showing with his in-game camera just what happens when Sims 4 Sims "Woohoo". He had his camera go under the blankets during "Woohoo", and the two Sims lay there staring at the "ceiiling" while the blanket moves in waves and bubbles and the Player sees hearts, the blanket bubbling and mabe fireworks or something else at the end of the "Woohoo." I imagine the same thing happens inside the coffin if you have the Vampire expansion pack. The characters get in the coffin in their underwear and the coffin spins and the Player sees hearts and maybe fireworks at the end and the coffin then stops spinning and dumps the two characters onto the floor. They may fall on top of each other, and they get up. But, if she knows the Sims are actually not doing anything, and its all show, perhaps that will help you.

When she creates a couple in Create A Sim, she can chose for the couple to be either married or roomates, or husband/father/mother/sister/brother/son/daughter using the filter below the walking style choice. Married couples and family members are closer relationshipwise, but even married couples are close without being so close they will generally not "Woohoo" on their own unless the Player keeps building up their close relationship to the point of choosing Flirty or Woohoo choices appear in their character action bubbles. Siblings as far as I know never are able to Woohoo, as well as parent/child, etc, and other relationship statuses such as those.

Also, "Woohoo" can be done in a hot tub, and in a very large closet that can be bought in build mode. (Or not bought.) There are a couple businesses in-game that include the large closet, but that doesn't mean anything will ever happen there on its own. 

Unless the Player chooses "Do not fill empty houses" in GamePlay Options" and unless "Ageing" is shut off across the game, then there is a chance an uplayed-with Sim could get pregnant off-screen as it were, and your Player may have to deal with a pregnant Sim having a baby.

Much of the way the game is actually played, by the consistent choices the player makes for his or her Sims when ordering them to do actions will create the romantic or not-romantic atmosphere in the game.

The more you are aware of the in-game possibilities, the better you can guide your young teen player. You can watch YouTube videos that she may not be able to, so you know more too. Although lots of videos are also made with content the players made themselves and not made with Electronic Arts, so keep that in mind. I hope my suggestions are helpful to you on how to make the gameplay not so risque.

Message 4 of 7 (12,010 Views)

★★★ Newbie
in the CAS screen there is a tab called customise gender open it there are three options can become preggo can get preggo neither check neither then unflirty trait
Message 5 of 7 (10,994 Views)

★ Novice

I understand you. I allow my six-year-old to play but when she is creating a family such as a mom, dad and children I ensure the relationship between the "mom" and "dad" is actually set to brother and sister so they won't have the Woohoo interaction but since they are technically siblings they can sleep in the same bed. My 6-year-old doesn't have a problem with it and she makes-believe that they are wife and husband. I actually explain to her that I don't want her playing kissing in the game and that is why I do that so she understands that much. I played sims 1 since 11 years old, thank God my mom didn't ban me because I do feel like although the game is rated mature, they should have filters for woohoo and romantic interactions.

Message 6 of 7 (9,079 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It would probably be good for her . Then she can learn what happens when you do those things . One way or another SHES gonna learn about it . Public schools even private schools have children in them that are OUT there 

Message 7 of 7 (4,218 Views)