Re: Is it worth buying the game on PC right now?

by Iron_Guard8

Original Post

Is it worth buying the game on PC right now?

★★★★★ Newbie

I have been seeing a lot of posts about the PC online servers being "dead." I have the game on PS4 but have not played it in a while and I much prefer PC controls. So is buying the game on PC worth it now? Is the game still alive?

Message 1 of 5 (518 Views)

Community Manager

@Mj20222 

It's included in the Origin Access Premier membership. You could always sign up for a month to give it a try. If you don't enjoy it you can always jump into the other many games we make (including recently released titles).

Origin Access Premier

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 5 (501 Views)

★★ Guide
If you REALLY like the game then yeah, go ahead, but I would not recommend the PC version, it makes finding new friends to play with very difficult, since there's no cross platform, and there's apparently hackers in online play, (as you may have seen in the 700 billion different threads about it) another thing, they removed local multiplayer from the PC version, so you can't do that, basically, PC port is garbage, stick with the Xbox and Playstation releases for now until EA decides to deal with cheaters and add local multiplayer.
Message 3 of 5 (468 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm on PC, and me and my friends always find enough players around. If the European server is empty, we switch to the US.

I never thought that I would enjoy that sort of game, but I really love the whole GW series, even still playing GW1 from time to time.

As for friends, you can still find enough of them (you could find hundreds, if you like that, or just a few good ones you really know better). And there are so many people who got GW2 during the winter and spring sale (I got my game as recently as last November and don't regret it in the least), so that I think the lobbies will not be empty too soon.

The cheaters are a bit of a problem at the moment, but not all the time. In our region (CET) people get into multiplayer games mostly from mid afternoon until midnight. The cheaters are mostly busy in the late evening. You always can switch to another game or another region.

Mixed mode and turf takeover are the two busy game modes, plus the portal events. Sometimes you have to give entering multiplayer a few tries, because rounds just finish or there's no free space. But as soon as you're in, it's hard to get out again. Standard smile

If you've got some friends and you open your backyard for "visits", you will often find a friend hopping in and surprising you in different ways. I find this a charming feature of the game, although I sometimes close the "door" if I have to complete some tasks.

All in all: We have tons of multiplayer rounds without cheaters and with lots of nice people to have fun with! You read a lot about hackers here, because nobody writes about games going well. This is a forum for game problems mainly (at least, until some weeks ago, the hacker reports used to be in the bug section only, which doesn't exist anymore, so this might lead to confusion), but you don't get reports from all the people who just love their game - even on PC. :eahigh_file:

This game has so many options and hidden surprises, tasks and easter eggs. Even without multiplayer you can have loads of fun and enough to do. Gnome trials for example!

I would always buy GW2 again. And it doesn't cost much anymore.

Edit: I only just noticed that you already know the game from playstation, so sorry for the detailed explanation. If you like the game already you have nothing to lose if you buy it for PC. You could wait until the next sale and then grab it.

Message 4 of 5 (458 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

It isn't dead on PC but the player base is focused on Turf Takeover maps so if you want to play other modes you generally have to setup private matches with bots (it's how I get those quests done). It was larger and it is larger on consoles but dead it is not. I almost always find full or nearly full TT matches when I play.

Message 5 of 5 (446 Views)