Re: Is it possible to experiment with different events?

by ggibb65

Original Post

Is it possible to experiment with different events?

★★★ Guide

Instead double xp, or spawn timers what about a strike weekend that can include 1 hero from each side

or all galactic assault maps for a weekend were the star fighters are disabled, pure ground to ground combat.

Or for maps like Kayshyyk or Genesis experiment with increasing the population to 30

just some ideas, or maybe varying the rocket spawn points 

Message 1 of 3 (597 Views)

Agreed @raidernaphtali ! 

I really like the events in the game, since it is something to look forward too, but I like to see some more variations to it. 

Just some examples:

• Return Jetpack cargo for a weekend.
  • Have a GA rotation with no heroes, only infantry.
  • Have a jetpack cargo rotation with just the normal infantries, no jumptroopers (so basically the mode Cargo of SWBF2015)

Also, the events that restrict the map rotation are fine if they could just have a separate rotation for the event. So for example, have an event in which only clone wars maps are played in GA, then have a title on the front menu which opens up that rotation. However, keep the normal GA rotation separate so if players want, they can play more than 4 maps. 

The in-game communication that announces the event is a one-time message (that cannot be reopened if you accidentally click away) when opening the game. I would love to have an event page on the menu showing the latest news, including which event is going to happen now. Also show the February Calander. That would reduce confusion that players have in the game (why are there 8 heroes? etc.)

I truly believe events can be awesome, but some more attention is indeed needed.

Message 2 of 3 (568 Views)

Champion
You should all know my opinion on Hero weekends. @DYSPROssium - love the idea of GA without heroes & @raidernaphtali - same goes for GA without starfighters.
"I am not an EA employee. Just a fellow gamer trying to lend a helping hand. I don't know everything but will attempt to find a solution to your problem. If I have helped, please click on the XP button below. If I have solved your problem, Then click on the Accept as Solution Button. Have Fun."