Is any kind of anti-cheat policy even enforced in GW2?

by HalfBeast333

Original Post

Is any kind of anti-cheat policy even enforced in GW2?

★★ Apprentice

So I decided to give the Garden Warfare 2 another try.

First round: Gnome Bomb. Someone on the PLANTS team is running around as an IMP with insta-kill blasters. And yes, I checked the roster, he's on the plants team.

Second round: Turf Takeover. There are two goats -- and I mean the regular kind, not the playable hovergoat -- running around with blatant cheat attacks.

Third round: Turf Takeover. Some guy called "Megajugasaurus" on the zombie team is running around as the mech cat from the minigame, with the insta-kill tail laser and every time it should die, it just explodes and kills everyone around, but otherwise keeps going. I was wondering how the plants still won, but then on the win screen I see some guy running around as the mech dinosaur.

Oh, ok so we won because our cheater was better at cheating than their cheater. THAT is the skill tested in multiplayer nowadays, apparently.

I mean, wth, at this point I'm not even talking about aimbots and whatnot. Ok, I can imagine that those would be hard to catch. But at this point it seems like people aren't even trying to hide that they're cheating, with stuff that everyone can see. It's as overt as it gets. I can't imagine any of them actually having any fear of getting caught by EA.

So, is this game past being supported or something?

Message 1 of 4 (1,468 Views)

Re: Is any kind of anti-cheat policy even enforced in GW2?

★★ Apprentice

Well, just as an update, that was on the EU server. I tried the NA East server for a dozen rounds or so, everything seems normal there.

So I guess maybe it's just that the EU is a worse den of scum and villainy than Mos Eisley.

Or maybe I just ran into a group of idiots who decided to get banned together.

Message 2 of 4 (1,445 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yep, another try on the EU servers yesterday, one guy is running around as a 30 ft tall Corn.

Another try today, there's a couple of normal games first, then a guy on the zombie team running as the sunflower elite boss.

Yeah, no, I'm having a hard time picturing it being some kind of one off by some chucklenuts. If it's this systemic, I just have to ask again if EA just gave up on policing the servers.

Message 3 of 4 (1,422 Views)

Some months ago there was some action taken briefly.  But it would seem that the effort has ceased.

Message 4 of 4 (1,394 Views)