Re: Is aggressive recruitment acceptable?

by MeFuzzypeach

Original Post

Is aggressive recruitment acceptable?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
Hello everyone!

Right now, our guild's recruiting is mainly passive and we wanted to do something to get it moving.

I had the idea to guild hop into lower tier guilds to advertise my guild in their guild chat, to the biggest players there.

Only thing: it's kind of an aggressive move and I wanted to know if it's okay to do that or if I'll get banned for it?

So since I don't want that, I thought about asking the Dev about it in the official forum before doing it.

I know there are a lot of guilds where people might just need a push to leave for better horizons and they're not looking at forums yet.

Also, since this post is about recruitment... My guild is called Galactic Might, we're a 30 million gp guild, doing raid pit 7* easily, looking for discord & guild chat active with around 750K GP & up! Come see us!
Message 1 of 6 (766 Views)

★★ Novice
The raid we do is pit 7*, not HAAT
Message 2 of 6 (741 Views)

★★ Guide

I don't think its prohibited, but I doubt that any guilds would let you join now the cat is out of the bag. I would consider it unethical. But if you're hurting for members, maybe you could check out JarJarMustDie and have the best of your guild try out for mine. 

Message 3 of 6 (715 Views)

★★★ Guide

You're probably best just taking your best, most responsive, people and merging with another guild in the same position.   Hpit and HAAT rules kind of have an accepted formula now, so long as you find reaosnable people who are willing to go with the flow it'll be a good method to get a head rapidly.

Too many people want to start from scratch and build up - that worked when guild first came out - but now, as individuals in your guild rise up - they're going to jump ship anyways.  Best to do it en masse and keep some cohesion with some forward thinking.

Message 4 of 6 (703 Views)

★★ Novice
Well, we aint exactly losing people, we're kicking out the bad apples.

This guild is already the merge of 2 guilds best peoples, most of ours are good communicative people.

Once our spring cleaning is done, we'll stand at around 40 players, but well still have around 30 mill gp if not more.

The only thing is: the roaming ronins that pass by our guild aint the cream of the crop. Most of them dont communicate and we can only hope that they're chat aware.

All my invites to opponents i beat in the arena turned out badly too.

And the forums are full of guilds seeking to recruit. Ive had 1 guy comment. Didnt join.

Forums are limited.
Message 5 of 6 (694 Views)

★★★ Guide

Gotcha.  Then sorry, actually, if you figure it out, please tell me!

We're nearing 90 mil gp off our core 40-42 guys - 30 of them been with us since guilds opened (or soon after)

But we have these 5-8 spots that are a revolving door.  Kind of feels when we do finally pick up a couple guys that know a carb 3 from a carb 4 and how to handle  raid rules -- then we lose someone else to a bigger guild.

Keep looking out for this mythical small group of guys looking to join a 90 mil guild and solve it... don't think it's gonna happen though.

Message 6 of 6 (683 Views)