Introducing new Game Modes

by xMaksuss

Original Post

Introducing new Game Modes

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

So it seems @EA_dance210 is either dead (just kidding) or on vacation (most likely), so I‘mma take his job now lol.

Here is some info about the "mysterious new game modes":

Leagues. War Games. Credit Blitz. Whether you’re climbing the ladder or playing an event, the maps and units may be different but the game rules remain the same. We know that it can start to feel stale when matches play out the same way every time. In Update 1.7 we’re going to start introducing new game modes.

How They Work

This won’t be a new, permanent game mode. Instead, we’re designing a variety of different modes that we’ll introduce on a rotating basis. This will allow us to experiment with a variety of rulesets and see how they perform. Similar to events, each mode will only be available for a limited time with a maximum number of battles that you can play.

The new modes will be structured slightly differently than our current events in terms of entry and prizing. The first ‘run’ will be free, with each additional run costing a fixed amount of credits to reenter.

The standard and premium track will both be present in these new modes. The premium track will function very similarly in terms of rewards and price. The standard track’s rewards won’t be as significant as normal events due to the credit entry, the focus being on allowing all players to experience these awesome new modes!

We want these modes to offer a different experience compared to the standard ladder. These modes will be based off the classic gameplay rules that you’re used to but with a twist. From how many missiles it takes to destroy a base to your starting Tiberium or even unit cooldown timers, we want these modes to feel unique and exciting. 

Upcoming Modes

To start, we’re introducing two new modes. Full details for these modes will be included when these new modes are introduced, but see below for a preview of what to expect.

Showdown

With only enough health to survive a single missile strike, can you make the most of your limited resources to quickly overtake your opponent in an all-out clash?

showdown.jpg

Unique aspects to Showdown: 

• Only one missile strike to win
  • Limited Tiberium with no harvesters
  • No unit spawn cooldown timer

Iron Reign

When the Missile Rain begins to fall, how will be crowned the victor?

missile.jpg

Unique aspects to Iron Reign:

• Multiple missile strikes to win
  • Faster Tiberium generation
  • Faster unit spawn cooldown timers

This is only the first step. We want to work together with you to modify these modes and design more modes for the future. As we experiment, let us know on Discord, Reddit or the forums which ones you find fun and exciting and which could use some work. Your feedback is invaluable as we adjust and create new game modes, so please let us know what you think.

Message 1 of 30 (28,570 Views)

Re: Introducing new Game Modes

★★★★★ Guide

I like that you only need to pay credits to replay it. I just hope it's not going to be over 1000.

Message 2 of 30 (28,529 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Not sure where you gathered this from, but well done!

I've suggested a domination game mode under a patch note post before.

Message 3 of 30 (28,527 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Thanks @xMaksuss!

I've been having fun traveling around Malaysia (and eating yummy food), so haven't been as active. Thanks for posting this up - an inbox message about this should be going out soon Standard smile

Y'all can read the full article here: https://www.ea.com/games/command-and-conquer/command-and-conquer-rivals/news/introducing-new-game-mo...

Message 4 of 30 (28,518 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Yes that‘s the article I copied :P

If you want you can pin this thread for about 2 weeks, just like it‘s usually done with updates and notifications on the forum.

Message 5 of 30 (28,513 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Yeah, I meant to do that. Got distracted. Did some other things, then just came back to do that Standard smile

Message 6 of 30 (28,512 Views)

★ Guide

"When the Missile Rain begins to fall, how will be crowned the victor?"

You mean who?

Message 7 of 30 (28,513 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@xMaksuss FINALLY!!!
Message 8 of 30 (28,486 Views)

★ Novice

I think a 2v2 would be a great idea. Even have it to where the screen moves around like the regular command and conquer games. Regardless if you are on a phone or tablet, the screen will be the same size.

Also, can we please please please get rid of the vault? My goodness that sale tactic is very annoying. Keep creating skins and you'll make your pretty penny.

Message 9 of 30 (28,454 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@FiremanA1 wrote:

I think a 2v2 would be a great idea. Even have it to where the screen moves around like the regular command and conquer games. Regardless if you are on a phone or tablet, the screen will be the same size.

Also, can we please please please get rid of the vault? My goodness that sale tactic is very annoying. Keep creating skins and you'll make your pretty penny.

Maybe the screen would move around based on edge related scrolling. If you touch the edge of your screen, you can scroll around the map. I'd prefer if the vault has no limit in size. The bigger it gets, the cheaper it is, to the point you can purchase one and it would be 1/4th the price of 200 gems. This would probably be around 4000 cards, with equal amounts of every card and 70% being common, 25% being rare and 5% being epic.

Message 10 of 30 (28,440 Views)