Re: Introducing “The Vault”

by Andy251167

Original Post

Introducing “The Vault”

Community Manager (retired)

The Vault is a unique object found in the Crates tab of the store that is only available for a limited time. Each time you open a crate, cards will be added to the vault. All crates you open will fill The Vault with cards, but higher value crates will grant more cards.

The Vault unlocks at 100 cards, but can be filled to up to 300 cards. After unlocking, it can be opened at any time for 600 Diamonds, regardless of how many cards are in it. Waiting until it reaches the maximum of 300 cards will give the best value, but it can be opened early.

When opened, you will receive all the cards in The Vault, at which point The Vault will reset and can be filled again. You can fill up and open the Vault as many times as you would like while it’s available. When The Vault reaches its maximum capacity, all cards earned from opening new crates won’t go into the Vault and will be lost.

The unit cards that you get from the Vault are random. However, the percentage of Commons, Rares and Epics you receive will always be the same, whether you open the Vault when it has 150 cards or 300 cards.

Vault Card Rarity Breakdown:

• Common: 52.2%
  • Rare: 37.8%
  • Epic: 10%

If you don’t open the Vault before it expires, the cards will remain until the next event and you won’t lose any of the progress that you made. You can continue filling the Vault, or open it, when it becomes available again.

Message 1 of 115 (6,695 Views)

★ Novice

Does this now mean If I don't open the vault I no longer get the cards from creates to level up my units

Message 2 of 115 (6,546 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I personally think it's just another why for pay to win players to be two steps ahead of people like me instead of one. Sure it's all about business and making that money but I'm not gonna spend to get diamonds to open that thing. I'll have to rely on hoping to do well in the blitz when diamonds are the reward

Message 3 of 115 (6,509 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@BenLawsonPearce wrote:

Does this now mean If I don't open the vault I no longer get the cards from creates to level up my units

no, you still get crates, and they still pay out the same. But you can pay diamonds to unlock a special vault for bonus cards. No cards are held hostage from free to play players.

Message 4 of 115 (6,450 Views)

★ Apprentice
I hate how you made reentering a tournament 500 GEMS from 500 coins. Come on, you raised the price by 9000%. Now you raised the rush from 25 gems to 50? I'd rather have the old prices instead of a vault. You can't screw over your hardcore fans like this.
Message 5 of 115 (6,368 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@GaryBitsicas

This is a MASSIVE improvement to crates if you aren't rushing them. So take the 3 hours and let them come naturally and take your diamonds to the cloning vats to get the exact unit you want. Best of both worlds. Or do bounty refreshes for gold (rare) crates.

The only thing this update doesn't have is more ways to get diamonds, but now there is quite a few great ways to spend em!
Message 6 of 115 (6,307 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks the info they gave was a little unclear on that front 

Message 7 of 115 (6,296 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Under the old 25 gems rush: I could play 24 games (assuming I lose them all) open 24 common crates (this will never happen because I have never received 24 common crates in a row) for about 12 cards each, I get about 288 cards for 600 diamonds. Assuming each game is around 3 minutes, it's a little over an hour of play.

Under the new gems rush: You are asking me to not rush, wait 3 hours for each crate. If you opened up a crate every 3 hours, you can open 8 crates in a day. It would take you 3 days to open 24 crates. Oh, and you want me to wait until the vault gets 300 cards to open for 600 gems that I could have spent in an hour for more cards?

How exactly is "this a MASSIVE improvement to crates?"

Message 8 of 115 (6,258 Views)

★★★ Newbie

At 600 gems that's a bit step that's just robbery instead of trying make money quick why not lower the price still make the same cash over a longer period I certainly won't pay 600 gems

Message 9 of 115 (6,164 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It isn't an improvement just money making

Message 10 of 115 (6,155 Views)