Introducing Daily Bonus and Boosts

by EA_dance210

Original Post

Introducing Daily Bonus and Boosts

Community Manager (retired)

There are several ways to gain the Credits and XP you need to unlock and level up units. Sometimes though, you can battle and not earn any Credits. In Update 1.5, we’re introducing ways for players to earn the Credits and XP that you need, no matter how many battles you play.

Daily Bonus

Everyone has a different play style. Some play a few matches each day while others may play for long stretches at a time. We want to encourage all playstyles, while ensuring that those who only play a few matches can still earn Credits and XP to progress. We’re introducing a Daily Bonus, where players can earn the bulk of their XP and Credits in the first 10 daily matches. With the addition of the Daily Bonus, there is no longer a separate Daily XP Bonus.

The Daily Bonus grants you 1,000 XP for the first 10 matches of the day. You will continue to earn a lower amount of XP after you have completed your first 10 battles.

All battles will have a baseline Credit value. This baseline value is approximately half of the value before Update 1.5; however, you will be able to earn it for every match that you win. The Daily Bonus will double the amount of Credits earned for the first 10 battles each day. When this change happens in Update 1.5, you should earn the same amount of Credits for the first 10 battles, then receive the baseline value for each additional match you play that day.

New Baseline Credit Values earned per battle. These values are doubled while under the effect of the Daily Bonus (first 10 battles each day):

• Players level 1 - 8: 25 Credits
  • Players level 9 - 60: 50 Credits

Boosts

Boosts are a new type of consumable resource we are adding in this update. Boosts apply bonus effects to the end of every battle for a limited number of battles. In your league progression screen for both GDI and Nod, you will now see a Boosts tray above the Battle button. The collapsed tray will tell you how many boosted battles you have remaining. Tapping on this tray brings up the Boosts menu, where you can see all active boosts. You can tap each boost to see its exact effect.  

Booster biome article.png

In this update, Boosts can be both earned and purchased with Diamonds. Visit the Resources tab of the Store to see available boosts. You cannot have two of the same exact boosts active at any one time but acquiring or purchasing multiple boosts of the same type stack based on number of battles. For example, if you have purchased an Advanced Credits Boost, and have played 6 battles today, you have 24 more battles boosted by the Advanced Credits Boost. Acquiring or purchasing another (which lasts 30 battles), will increase the remaining charges of the previous Advanced Credits Boost to 54, instead of simultaneously applying the effects of two Advanced Credits Boosts.

Store Booster article.png

With the release of Boosts, we are launching two types of boosts (XP and Credits), each with 3 levels of magnitude (Basic, Standard, and Advanced).  Below outlines the exact parameters of each boost:

Boost Type

Effect per Battle

Duration

Availability

Basic Credits Boost

50 extra Credits

30 battles

Event Reward

Standard Credits Boost

225 extra Credits

30 battles

Event Reward

Advanced Credits Boost

1000 extra Credits

30 battles

Purchase in Store for Diamonds

Event Reward

Basic XP Boost

300 extra XP

30 battles

Event Reward

Standard XP Boost

700 extra XP

30 battles

Event Reward

Advanced XP Boost

4000 extra XP

30 battles

Purchase in Store for Diamonds

Event Reward

We’re excited to offer daily bonuses for XP and Credits and introduce the boost system. We’d love to hear your feedback on these upcoming features.

TheCourtJester, Rivals Sr. Product Manager

Message 1 of 9 (1,076 Views)

Re: Introducing Daily Bonus and Boosts

★★★★ Guide

As long as these new stuffs spend diamonds I’m not looking at them

Message 2 of 9 (1,046 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@xrmiao4 wrote:

As long as these new stuffs spend diamonds I’m not looking at them

Fully agreed. Probably better to just ignore such a feature then.

Message 3 of 9 (922 Views)

★ Guide

maybe make the basic boost part of winning a challenge battle or give them out for winning streaks. it get people using them and incentive to get the bigger ones. also you need to reduce the price, you actual want people to pay 7 bucks for a, yes just one boost. you are crazy.

Message 4 of 9 (783 Views)

★ Guide

also look at different levels of duration!!!!!

Message 5 of 9 (778 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @XMasterBishopX,

The boosts will be available as event rewards. While it's not the same as being part of the regular ladder, players will have a chance to earn them in the future Standard smile

Message 6 of 9 (769 Views)

★★ Novice

While I was initially happy to see these changes, the over reliance on gems is quite disheartening, and feels rather predatory.

You have Fuel that is all but unused. What about spending 10 fuel to reset the 10 daily bonuses? Or 10 fuel for a basic booster? Heck, you could even raise the cap and have us be able to spend 30 fuel for an advanced boost, while still having the option to buy the boosts for gems. This would also let you gauge the demand of boosters, as I doubt the current pricing is all that enticing to most.

I know that, for me personally, I'd be much more likely to dump money on cosmetics for a game I can thoroughly enjoy on my own premise, with as little gate keeping as possible, and that the F2P model that I've spent most money on, perhaps even of all games I've ever played, was Warframe, because I could play and not feel like I was being artificially held back, and that in turn gave me a desire to play more and personalize more, so I bought into cosmetics rather than boosts.

As it stands, these changes, while welcome in theory, in practice they just exacerbate the sense of being held back artificially, just to fuel a predatory model that relies on the frustration by gates, as opposed to a model that relies on the love for the game by the players.

Oh well, guess that no one has the guts to actually prove the financiers and investors wrong in their assumption that more and more reliable income is to be had from frustrating players than encouraging them.

Message 7 of 9 (720 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@Syncreticon wrote:

Oh well, guess that no one has the guts to actually prove the financiers and investors wrong in their assumption that more and more reliable income is to be had from frustrating players than encouraging them.

The problem is that these people usually do not listen to their customers. If they were more clever, they would ask their customers what kind of price model would work for them.

I for one would be willing to spend up to 10 Euros a month regularly on this game, if I get a good value (as in credits, cards, diamonds etc.) for my money. Currently there is just no offer for that. Everything is overpriced. Perhaps the decison makers at EA should read up on what "microtransaction" actually means.

Message 8 of 9 (717 Views)

★★ Novice

I agree, and it's largely that unwillingness that has me turned off all but every game with a few exceptions, despite being a lifelong gamer up until this point.

For me, it's not so much the pricing (albeit that surely plays some part), it's more the fact that progression is severely stagnated artificially to encourage the predatory financial model.

The paradoxical thing is, if it wasn't as blatant in stagnating the player, and felt like I could progress on my own terms, I'd be more likely to purchase something, because Soccer ball I'd enjoy the game more, and want to play more, Football I wouldn't feel as if my hand was being forced or that I was cheating, for lack of a better word, by making a purchase, and Basketball I'd want to personalize more.

With the stagnated progression, over reliance on gems, and overpricing, I get annoyed with the game, a game I think is at its core quite fun.

I actually just came back from a hiatus after getting fed up with the above issues, but I imagine it won't be long before I resume that hiatus, for the exact same reason. And they've gotten no money out of me yet. By comparison, I'd drop 100 to 200$ on cosmetics and MR fodder weapons every few months in Warframe. Because I didn't feel like I had to, and could progress fine without, so I enjoyed playing for that reason. Here, I don't enjoy playing as much as I could, so I'm not tempted to buy, because I feel like they do everything to gate the game from me.

Message 9 of 9 (709 Views)