Re: [Info] Winter Warm-up Event is coming!

by CrimesForCandy

Original Post

Hero

@thecakeisaLIE82 wrote:

I feel a bit silly for asking (you know, in case it's obvious to everyone else but me), but does anyone know what the rubber duckies are for? Not the ones you get to open the bags, I get that.

No, I'm talking about the ones we get as prizes. I put one out to see if it gave me an action for during that at-home event, but it didn't. So, what're they for? You know, aside from taking up valuable space in our item-limited homes or further junking up our stored inventory...

I've been wondering exactly the same. 

Do children play with them?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 11 of 18 (1,327 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Hi, there! I just wanted to note that my quest #17 is to collect 1,200 duckies, not 600. Just a heads up!
Message 12 of 18 (1,268 Views)

★★★ Novice

I absolutely hate these events.  I never get anything but crap and once that’s maxed then the payoffs.  Never opened a fireplace at Christmas and no hot tub now of course.  Just let us earn the stuff and choose what we want rather than loading our storage up with stuff we don’t.  I’m not even bothering with the next one like this—total waste of time.

Message 13 of 18 (1,067 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I totally agree! I collected approx. 5,000 duckiesand all I got was bathing suit bottoms, a lot! A few tops, one guys suit, some trees and a chair! Duh! What am I going to do with bathing suits and no hot tub! What a waste of time! Agree with you

Message 14 of 18 (1,043 Views)

★ Apprentice
I wanted the bar, but I've been wanting a hot tub for months. Did anyone actually get a hot tub? Like you, I maxed everything else out and started getting coins. 2 hot tubs, and couldn't get either. So annoying!
Message 15 of 18 (1,042 Views)

Re: [Info] Winter Warm-up Event is HERE!

★★★★★ Apprentice

This event was SUCH a rip-off at the end. I wanted to get more colors for the swimsuits, especially the floral one, which comes in only 3 colors and also more colors for the jet-setter suit. I had most else of what I wanted. I spent like $80 to buy SimCash so I could do multiple Winter Warm-up events to get duckies, which I did. But when I spent all those duckies on duckie bags, I just got the same things I already had (like the same bikini bottom colors or the upteenth table or table color that I already had. I want my money back!!!!

Message 16 of 18 (1,028 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same here. I earned/spend more than 8000 duckies (yes, I really counted them) and all I got were clothes, rare and common, in all colors available. Useless without a hot tub. Just like all the darts related stuff that’s filling up my storage from the “Summer Throwdown League” Event. Useless as I did not get the dartboard, but I did get 4 pennants, 2 dart lights and 2 juice stations…

Message 17 of 18 (999 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@CarolinaCheryl  I was lucky enough to get both hot tubs and the bar, but then again, I play like a madwoman during events and I also did buy the pack with the towel rack thingie that gave extra, extra duckies, so I had both duckie-dispensing towels working for me overtime.  Embarrassed  The one item I didn't get was the cool multicolored male board shorts.  Let's see if we get lucky enough to get the bubbler in this new/repeat event!!  Large smile

Message 18 of 18 (937 Views)