[Info] War Stories return in Battlefield V

by RanzigeRidder2

Original Post

[Info] War Stories return in Battlefield V

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

The Untold Tales Of WW2: War Stories Return In Battlefield™ V

Experience human drama set against massive conflict in thrilling single-player experiences.

The War Stories of Battlefield V portray relatable people facing brutal warfare filled with Battlefield moments. In these intimatesingle-player stories, you’ll witness World War 2 through the eyes of the men and women who were entangled in a conflict that would change the world forever.

Using the popular anthology format introduced in Battlefield™ 1, each War Story will take players to unexpected fronts, such as the scorching North African desert, the sublime but hostile Norwegian mountains, and several other locations we’ll reveal on the road to Battlefield V.

Nordlys: Infiltrate Enemy Installations and Experience the Northern Lights

At this year’s Xbox E3 Briefing, we showed a glimpse of the first War Story in Battlefield V, titled Nordlys. The story takes place in 1943 during the German occupation of Norway.

In Nordlys, we narrow in on a young resistance fighter who carries a weight greater than her weapons and ammo. Her story centers on not only her fight for her country’s liberation from occupying forces, but her family’s survival.

You’ll face the enemy and the freezing climate in a setting based on the invasion of Norway and the fight for valuable natural resources to keep the war machine running.

There are multiple scenarios and situations in Nordlys – which means many gameplay opportunities for you as a player. Infiltrate enemy installations using stealth, takedown unsuspecting enemy guards, and utilize evasion to help even the overwhelming odds. If your cover is blown, prepare to face even tougher fights as the enemy will call in reinforcements. Stay mobile and ski the frozen Scandinavian landscapes to move between objectives.

Extraordinary Stories of Ordinary People – Told the Battlefield Way

During the research for Battlefield V, one thing has repeatedly become apparent: history is right among us. Sometimes far away, sometimes just around the corner – like for the DICE team in Stockholm, Sweden, and their neighbor Norway. The stories are also close on a more human level; it’s striking how often ordinary people were in the heart of these conflicts.

The War Stories experience is a way for us to put WW2 into perspective through on-the-ground accounts of people wrapped in the broader conflict, told the Battlefield way. In Nordlys, as well as our other War Stories, you won’t come across any super heroes performing crazy stunts and saving the world all by themselves. Instead, you’ll step into the all-too-human shoes

of people who, in their own way, played a part in shaping the modern world.

Jeff Landa (Follow Jeff on Twitter @JeffLanda)

Source

_________________________________________________________________________________
▪Did you find someone's post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did someone's post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

I do not work for EA, I'm a gamer trying to help fellow gamers. :eahigh_file: 

Message 1 of 4 (784 Views)

Re: [Info] War Stories return in Battlefield V

@RanzigeRidder2 I am glad to see the return of the War Stories. Too many Rambo style campaigns out there. Too few showing the actual horrors of the war, how war affects normal people and how they will deal with the aggression of war. Though i would like to see a more elaborate gameplay in the BFV, i admit that i am a sucker for a good story. And BF1 delivered, so i expect the BFV's War Stories to be of the same quality or better. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 2 of 4 (763 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@ivrognard Me too! Although I play the Battlefield series for the multiplayer I really enjoy a good single player campaign too. Now Battlefield has no reputation of delivering such, but the BF1 war stories were a positive surprise and I hope they will at least deliver the same quality or even better with BFV. I even hope the Tides of War concept will be applied to the War Stories too, so that we get to see new stories over the course of the lifecycle of the game. Looking at how many times the question came up if additional war stories would be added for BF1 on this and other fora, I believe this is something more players would appreciate.

Of course there will need to be already a solid amount of war stories upon launch, but adding more stories after launch is definitely something I’d welcome.

_________________________________________________________________________________
▪Did you find someone's post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did someone's post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

I do not work for EA, I'm a gamer trying to help fellow gamers. :eahigh_file:

Message 3 of 4 (755 Views)

[ Edited ]

BFBC2 had a decent SP campaign, but BF1 came out with those really emotional stories. And now BFV has them, too. The only other thing that i would like in those War Stories: a more diversified gameplay. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 4 of 4 (753 Views)