The Sims 4 Laundry Stuff - Collaborative pack

by EA_Mai

Original Post

Re: [Info] Take part in the creation of a new Stuff Pack

★★★ Apprentice

Wow that's so awesome!!! The artwork is just beautiful! Love love love!!! Thank you for the response, what a pleasant surprise this morningStandard smileStandard smileHeart

Message 31 of 65 (723 Views)

Champion

Thanks for the pic, @EA_Mai !  Party hat  I see the wash tubs and clothes lines as well as washers and dryers!  And I love the large round dining table! :eahigh_file:

And I agree with @redashxo that this style that was chosen is really cute! Heart

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 32 of 65 (689 Views)

EA app Team

Hi everyone!

Do you want to read an interview with SimGuruGraham about the creation of Laundry Day Stuff? Standard smile

He answered some questions and shared lots of concept art! >> https://www.ea.com/news/behind-closed-doors-the-sims-laundry-stuff

Hope you find it interesting!

-Mai

Message 33 of 65 (626 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Oooh, the 80's arcade-style makes me think so much of Stranger Things! That would have been awesome too, but I'm really excited for this one though! :D

Message 34 of 65 (617 Views)

Champion

Thanks @EA_Mai !  I love to look behind the scenes, and I have enjoyed voting on the content of this pack!  But now I'm really upset that the Arcade Stuff wasn't voted on since I love all the 80's stuff! Devil  (The middle guy's hair looks like John Taylor from Duran Duran! EmbarrassedHeart)  I would have voted for the modern Japanese furniture since most of the American furniture looked too much like Mid-Century Modern, which I like, but it was popular in the 50's and 50's, not in the 80's!  I think a European style would have been more accurate.  Most of the American 80's furniture was either country with "country blue" being popular along with ducks and geese especially for kitchens; or for living rooms and bedrooms the desert South West was very popular -- but these don't go along with an arcade.  Like I stated, the furniture from the 80's that best went along with an arcade was either Tokyo style Japanese stuff or European style furniture.  An excellent recreation of the 80's style in pretty much all aspects was the KitKat commercial that came out this year.  Pretty dang authentic, I did a double take and had to remind myself this commercial never aired until this year! Large smile  (Kit Kat also made a 90's hip-hop commercial that is pretty great too! Party hat )  

The barnyard wedding theme had a lot of stuff I liked also!Angel  Now i'm curious as to what the other theme choices would have looked like!  

Thanks for directing us to this look behind closed doors!  It was fascinating!

@CMeki, I never saw Stranger Things (I've just heard of it)!  Now you've got me curious! Raised eyebrow:eahigh_file:

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 35 of 65 (610 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Has anything or what has been said about when the new Laundry Day Stuff pack is going to be released @EA_Mai? I read the whole article and all the questions and everything. It's really cool and interesting to see and read about the process and how everything works. Love how SimGuruGraham stated "Laundry was frequently requested by our players, and it draws clear lines between the segment of people who play The Sims as a life simulation, and those who enjoy it as a video game. Players who want a life simulation welcome a feature like laundry, as it’s something very relatable to our everyday lives. Others who want to "play" a video game wonder what purpose laundry serves, and how can it add to the fun they have with The Sims 4. Ultimately I think it highlights how The Sims appeals to a variety of players who have different motivations, and how we as a studio can use Stuff Packs to serve different segments of our audience"Standard smile

Message 36 of 65 (590 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

It really shows the type of audience and how Simmers mostly like to play because its the pack that won. So, that's pretty cool. Sims is an awesome game!!!Standard smile

Message 37 of 65 (585 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@PugLove888! i love the '80s too (and Duran Duran), and i wish we could have the Arcade SP. it would be simply *perfect* for my Sims-story. Standard smile

(and thank you, @EA_Mai, for the updates!)

Message 38 of 65 (562 Views)

EA app Team

A release date hasn't been announced yet, @redashxo, although it will happen sometime 2018.

It's a bit difficult to decide, but if I have to choose my favourite concept art picture in the article, I would choose the wedding theme. I think it's the one I would use more in my game Standard smile  Have you seen the flowers in her hair? Heart

Wedding theme

Message 39 of 65 (551 Views)

★★ Expert

i've often wondered why we don't already have a washing machine... it would be like any other appliance, such as dishwashers. Wondering

but anyway... lots of people are really looking forward to this SP, so i'm glad they will soon get what they voted for.

Message 40 of 65 (543 Views)