Re: Infected Liang or Cured Jade

by AcidSnowScArab

Original Post

Infected Liang or Cured Jade

★★★★★ Guide

I have this idea of a commander card that is mutually exclusive per account. Namely Jade (Dr. Liang managed to cure her) as GDI or Dr. Liang (Jade managed to infect him) as Nod.

Their ability gets upgraded but they change factions. So one has access to 5 cards and another 4 cards. This is actually a what-if scenario where one of them switches sides.

If Jade works for GDI, she gets the healer missile. It works like the catalyst missile but heals units in a 7 tile range (Friendly or not, for once you can heal your opponents base). The missile however still reacts with tiberium, causing all sorts of explosions. So if you target a chem buggy next to a talon, the explosion wipes both of them but spares and heals any unit that is not adjacent to the buggy but within range of the missile. Its cost is 120 tiberium.

If Dr. Liang works for Nod, he gets the explosive drone. It works like the original healer drone but the catch is, it explodes upon death. One has to micro it into the enemy at the end of its life otherwise it backfires against your units. It costs 60 tiberium to use.

Message 1 of 6 (476 Views)

★★ Guide
Ok, i want those two commanders in the game right now! Standard smile
Nice ideas!
Message 2 of 6 (459 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

The thing is, if it was to be implemented, it should be mutually exclusive. You cannot have both, only one of either. Its simply a what-if scenario on whether Jade gets to infect her brother (through any physical contact, like a hug, assuming that tiberium is contagious between infected and healthy individuals) or Dr. Liang gets to reverse the disease that's afflicting his sister.

The scenario for either of these to occur is at Kane's temple. GDI conducts a raid on Kane's temple to capture him. In one scenario, Kane goes on to a armed confrontation with General Solomon. They both wield butcher knives and proceed to the kill, only one stands. Meanwhile Dr. Liang goes to disable the missile and Jade confronts him, with one siding on the opposite faction at the end of the non-lethal duel.

Message 3 of 6 (451 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The concept is fun and interesting, but might add confusion to noobs off the game...  "Why is she my enemy but also my friend?"

I think it should be more of a seasonal or special event, where every commander sees a change in their skills and turns the game upside down for a month of fun.

Message 4 of 6 (435 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@AcidSnowScArab wrote:

The concept is fun and interesting, but might add confusion to noobs off the game...  "Why is she my enemy but also my friend?"

I think it should be more of a seasonal or special event, where every commander sees a change in their skills and turns the game upside down for a month of fun.

The seasonal event can be an idea for this. Maybe once the player chooses which character to bring to the opposite faction, the original one disappears and reappears in the opposing faction. E.g. Jade is level 8 at my account, if I choose Cured Jade, the card simply gets transferred from Nod to GDI and her stats change a bit to fit GDI's.

Message 5 of 6 (416 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @EinarThePillager,

This is a very interesting suggestion, thanks for sharing Standard smile

Message 6 of 6 (397 Views)