Re: In Diamond League Champion Blitz Match to Tiberium Opponent

by BattaIia

Original Post

In Diamond League Champion Blitz Match to Tiberium Opponent

★★★★ Guide

You claimed that it says Master is a visual bug and from the lv11 cap I can tell I'm diamond.

But then why I got a match against a Tiberium Opponent?

Unable to play video. Please try again later.
(view in My Videos)

Message 1 of 4 (263 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Oh this is dirty. Whenever you hit the diamond rewards the game starts to throw higher league opponents to you so that you can never get the 200 diamonds.

Message 2 of 4 (255 Views)

★ Guide
Its supposed to be off of your current Tier your playing out of but that is well super dirty. Looks like EA has some explaining to do. Or you could just give everybody who is in lower tiers the full stash and maybe call it even.
Message 3 of 4 (239 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Nothing dirty going on here. Let me explain:

There was a problem with the FIRST blitz that was showing a graphical error displaying the wrong blitz league. This has been fixed now. So you are seeing the proper league, which is masters.

"But I see a level 11 cap, which is diamond!"

Blitz/champions uses the league before it as it's cap to help players transitioning from 1 league to the next to stay relevant. So you don't just get stomped in the champions because you made it to the next league by the skin of your teeth. So tib uses level 13 (masters) cap, masters uses level 11 cap (diamond), and so on.

"But I'm not currently IN masters league!"

Correct. But they didn't want tib players getting reset to plat, and then destroying everyone in champions as they worked their way back up, or worse, 1 or 2 players in high leagues after a reset with nobody to queue into. (first blitz of feb had 2 players in tib and 6 in masters).

So to compensate for league reset, you place into the HIGHEST league that you have personally reached in 3 months. So if you made it to tib league in january 28th, you will play masters blitz till april 28th. If you never hit masters again after january 28th, best you got was diamond, then after april 28th you will be diamond champions/blitz leagues.

If I missed anything, feel free to ask!

*Edit

Oh, might as well explain how matchmaking works in blitz/masters:

Blitz: You can play a player who has wins +/- to 4 of your own. So this means your very first game can be vs someone who is 4-0 at worst, or 4-5, or any other permutation of wins and losses as long as the wins are no more than 4. So this ALSO means as you get more wins, you face players who have higher wins as well! Case and point, as someone who is going 9-0 and waiting for their final game, you are REQUIRED to play against someone with a minimum of 5 wins. So this is often why people feel like they get 5 wins and suddenly they are screwed. That player was queuing for the last 30 mins and is just WAITING for you. 

Champions: Exact same thing as blitz, but the +/- is opened up to 6 wins. This means as your 14-0 game, you are required to find someone who is at LEAST sporting 8 wins. 

Message 4 of 4 (210 Views)