Re: Improvements for the Ewok Hunt game mode

by Sati_Sati

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Improvements for the Ewok Hunt game mode

★★★★ Guide

Overall, I like the new Ewok Hunt game mode as a game mode to play in between other matches. Playing Ewok Hunt for four rounds in a row becomes very boring and this is why. I have noticed that in most of the Ewok Hunt matches the behaviour of players is the same over and over again. All stormtroopers will sprint to the caves and hide in them and the ewoks on the other side have to pick out the right moment to attack or come in big groups. For the reason that players are mostly forced by the map's lay-out to choose this way of playing makes this game mode constantly feel like the same experience as the match before. So the variety in the ways this game mode can be played and can be won have to be improved. Furthermore, some graphical design of the ending scene that can be seen in the screenshot has to be improved. The ending scene looks too cheap for this game, because of the sharp corners in branches and the flying creature that flies in a straight way and flaps his wings at constant speed up and down (this is not the way a flying creature would fly). Taking everything into account the Ewok Hunt game mode needs some improvements, but is still enjoyable from time to time. 

I would really like to see improvements in this game mode and that the game mode is available for unlimited time.

Message 1 of 4 (720 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA DICE Team

Hey @Julybil good feedback! I personally agree that the cave do destroy the "hunting" feeling. 

One of our game designer of SWBF2 had this to say:  https://twitter.com/petervesti/status/986720655595966465

So we are looking in to improving the experience with the cave. Standard smile

/Atic 

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (865 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

Hey @Julybil good feedback! I personally agree that the cave do destroy the "hunting" feeling. 

One of our game designer of SWBF2 had this to say:  https://twitter.com/petervesti/status/986720655595966465

So we are looking in to improving the experience with the cave. Standard smile

/Atic 

Message 2 of 4 (866 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Random elements of map would be great. Kind of the feel to survive. Live the survival theme, reminds me of those zombie games. I personally would love an option to repair ATST and walk it, while ewoks' option would be to set a trap.

Message 3 of 4 (685 Views)

Champion
@EA_Atic
That information is very impressive. OK, no more cave camping :P
By the way, I want to use the Scout Trooper skin in Ewok Hunt mode. I think it is fitting for the Endor map.
Message 4 of 4 (677 Views)