Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: If i buy FIFA19 from USA can i activate it in EUROPE?

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

If i buy FIFA19 from USA can i activate it in EUROPE?

★★★★ Novice

If i buy a game from a store in the USA and send the code to someone in the EU can he play it?

Message 1 of 2 (57 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Community Manager
They will be able to play it but they will run into issues with receiving any content such as pre-order bonuses. Also, if they register a US version of the game they will need to register it on a US account or else they will be unable to purchase points or any additional content.

The way the PSN works is that if you have a US disc version of a game and are playing on say a UK account then you will be unable to make any ingame purchases on the UK account. As this is a digital code then your friend will need to make an account associated with the country the code is from in order to redeem it and will have to play on the US account if they wish to make use of any points or packs that are included or they decide to purchase.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (43 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Community Manager
They will be able to play it but they will run into issues with receiving any content such as pre-order bonuses. Also, if they register a US version of the game they will need to register it on a US account or else they will be unable to purchase points or any additional content.

The way the PSN works is that if you have a US disc version of a game and are playing on say a UK account then you will be unable to make any ingame purchases on the UK account. As this is a digital code then your friend will need to make an account associated with the country the code is from in order to redeem it and will have to play on the US account if they wish to make use of any points or packs that are included or they decide to purchase.
Message 2 of 2 (44 Views)

fifa-19-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

fifa-19-player-splash

Secure your account

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help