Re: Ideas/Suggestions for The Sims Mobile

by Iamdjsona

Original Post

Re: party system undercuts sim to sim interaction

★★ Guide

Oh, you're right! I didn't check in that tab. Thanks for telling me @givememore86 😄

Message 351 of 380 (905 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I would love to see in game definitely day and night changes, with some new areas.

Message 352 of 380 (873 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I LOOOOVE the massage table idea. This could be the basis for another hobby too. The massage table could be the item to start the hobby and then things special items to improve your even time could be things like steamed towels, soft mood lights, a hanging bathrobe. Maybe the major reward type item could be a spa bath or steam room/sauna for your house? The massage table itself could then be used by anyone to GET a massage (and energy boost) and the masseusse could be just some random sim who turns up in the health spa uniform and then you have the cool new hobby of massage enthusiast. You can then also add in relationship interactions to offer massage to sims they are doing relationship events - even the enemy type ones who you could "give bad massage" or "poke sore bits really hard" and stuff.

Also gotta second the coffee machine idea. Really practical and sensible. Don't know why the devs didn't think of it when making the coffee machine. It could give say 3 energy? and a snack from the fridge or counter (fruit bowl/cookie jar etc.) should give 1 or 2 energy as well. You know how sometimes you just need that 1 single energy point to finish the event in time for the zoom truck or whatever? You should have the option of a snack for that 1 or 2 points which refreshes every hour or so, so you can use it more often than bathroom items or sleeping.

Message 353 of 380 (1,139 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Agreed! I'd really like to see some more outdoor decorations; statues, fountains, birdabaths, fish ponds, bbqs, patio furniture with umbrellas and sun loungers,, a "create your own" water feature that can be used to make swimming pools and moats around the house, a bridge that can go over a stream or just be placed on land.

I'd like to see a gardening hobby. The primary hobby item could be a bonsai plant. Buying and placing the plant in your home would trigger the hobby, the same way the writing desk or guitar (etc.) triggers those hobbies. Items to unlock through the hobby could be gardening gloves and weeding mat, garden trolley, maybe some of the garden features I mentioned above? Perhaps the grand prize for completing the hobby could be a lovely fountain or fishpond or something cool like that.

Message 354 of 380 (1,153 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes yes yes! I love these suggestions. I'd like to see a drop sheet with paint splatters as one of the hobby rewards, and maybe painters overalls? Although I think there might be a clothing item like that already.

Message 355 of 380 (1,146 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Lockable doors: Another good option would be to add a 5s interraction where you can click on the sim that is in your way and "ask sim to please excuse" prompting the NPC to walk out through the nearest doorway. This action shouldn't cost any energy or have any effects except to get the sim to leave the current room they are in.

GENDERED CARREER OPTIONS: This one smells a little like mysogeny. We are only now addressing gender inequality and an unfair wage-gap between genders IRL. Creating such an ideal in games which should be more progressive than our society, only influences our society backwards. Your idea about giving upgraded items for second walkthroughs of careers and hobbies is a good one and I would thoroughly endorse it, but it should not be connected to the sim's gender.

Message 356 of 380 (1,144 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

OK so my BIGGEST issue with the game is one others keep saying they also have:

KIDS! Yes they grow up so fast, they are also very limited as characters. I think this mainly comes from the lack of interactions you can have with them.

I was thinking, instead of just having a single 1hr event for each age level of the child, how about adding optional events any player controlled sim of the household can do, allowing that sim to build a relationship with the child as they grow. Then when they become an adult, that relationship continues.

For example: any sim in the household can complete a "babysit" event (which might be any length). This event would include actions like "play a game", "read a book", "make a snack", "tickle tummy", "sing a song", "dance together", "clap hands", "play with toys" etc. Some of these actions might become innappropriate as the child ages but could be replaced with "make food together", "watch TV" or "talk about stuff". The "feeling confident" action could be "settle for sleep" or "soothe teething" or for an older child "Help with Homework", "Tidy up Together" or "Give advice".

An older child could also have events other sims complete with them, such as Hobby mentoring - allowing the child sim to gain skills in a particular hobby or a bonus star or extra progress points if you pick a specific trait for that child when they are an adult (writing mentoring would then give a bonus star if the adult was given the creative trait) OR it could allow the child to complete the lower levels of that hobby quicker or even just give them the first 3 levels during childhood, starting their adult life with a few levels of their chosen hobby. Hobby mentoring should only be available from a sim who has at least level 3 in that hobby.

Having these types of events available gives the opportunity to level up your child without them being player controlled AND lets your other sims develop family relationships with them that could carry over into adulthood. A sim who spent a lot of time with a child in the household, would default to a "Close family" relationship (even if they were just housemates) a sim who was a good, active parent would develop a "Loving Parent" relationship with the adult child. An inactive parent would develop an "Estranged Parent" relationship and a housemate who didn't interact with the child would default to "Stranger" (as they already do) but with the option of starting an "Awkward friends" relationship, or a "Distant relative" relationship.

I'd also really like my child sim to become a teen before progressing to adulthood. This would give many extra fashions and a greater chance for the above mentioned hobby mentoring. I was dissappointed that my child went from baby to adult in such a short time and think that while the baby and toddler stages should stay at 1 day long, the child stage should be longer (maybe 2 days as a child and 2 days as a teen?) The whole process including the baby quest would take a week rather than the 4 days it does now. Yes I recognise that you have the option not to age up your child when its offered, but sometimes you press the button accidentally and its just unrealistic that age 1-2 takes a day, age 3-4 takes a day and then age 5-18 takes a day? Make the child age 5-12 take 2 days, and age 13-adult take another 2, seems sensible right?

A teen could be playable but not to the fullest extent, meaning they could obtain a job and work a short shift, (but only a short one because they'd be a junior) but not do actions, so you couldn't speed it up. They would remain a "junior" until they became an adult, and wouldn't level up past level 3 of the career, meaning only short shifts would be available to them anyway. The same would go with hobbies; they could select one and do short practises but not be playable and not level up past level 3. They would also have their own relationships available to start with others but those relationships would be more like "Enviro Enthusiasts" (activist teens taking on the big issues), "Gaming Groupies" (Teen equivalent of Geek Speak but maybe requires a computer or GUGA console in the house) and "Mall Mates" (teens who pour over fashion mags and talk about their shopping achievments).

Romantic relationship stories would include a "Heartbreakers" (a teen relationship story resulting in multiple breakups, including one final and heartbreaking end to the relationship)  and a "Highschool Sweethearts" (which is all cute fluffy stuff and they can become happily married when they become adults).

Competitive relationships could be "Elementary Envy" (two teens competing to be the teacher's pet), "Gossip and Glam" (a tale of a bitchy competition over who is more classy) "Crush Catastrophy" (a competitor tries to ruin the teen's chances of dating their crush).

I also think teenage hood should allow you to pick a teenager trait. Some examples might be "Super Student" or "Rebellious Reader" which gives the sim a small boost on all careers and hobbies, "People Peaser" or "Class Clown" would give a small boost to positive relationship events, "Abundance of Attitude" or "Smart Mouth" would give a boost to negative relationship events. During the teen phase, the sim could randomly decide to quit any hobby or career they have with one of those "Surprise Choice" popups. The various people they have relationships with could offer different options such as retaining the career/hobby (encouragement from a parent or mentor) or rejecting the hobby or career based on advice from friends or enemies etc. The better relationships your teen has with the parent or mentor, the better chance they will have of following their advice (ie: my hypothetical teen sim has a great relationship with their parents, a good hobby mentorship with a housemate, a strong rivalry with a classmate and a weak friendship with another classmate. My teen sim feels like they want a change of career. The simcash option would be to listen to my weak friend's advice; to pretend I'm working but actually just laze about. The cupcake option would be to listen to my mentor's advice; who says I should work harder and acheive my career goals, even if it seems boring right now. The cost nothing option would be to listen to my loving parent's advice; who say I should do whatever makes me happy (meaning I would quit and look for a different job), and the other cost nothing option would be to listen to my rival, who would tell my sim they're a loser if they don't have a job (so my teen sim would not quit but would be unhappy for a while)

Message 357 of 380 (1,129 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello! 

I would appreciate being able to use a button to take high resolution pictures in-game, I would also like to have transparent windows and an efficient day and night cycle like that of The Sims FreePlay.

I highly recommend adding new age ranges to the game, we only have childrens (unusable) and adults, adults as game choices can only devote themselves to work or relationship events... That's too little don't you think?

They need to expand the gameplay with new features, new choices, new frontiers, expand the world adding new districts. And above all improve the sim animations that are extremely boring.

Example; when I decide to perform an action 90% of the time my sim just stand to observe the object which it interacts, pretending to think (who knows what...) Oh my God.

Obviously not to mention the colours swatches, something really distressing.

I quite like this game but it still has a lot of work and lots of things to be implemented before it gets to be a really addictive title.

I visited the Official YouTube channel of Firemonkeys yesterday to see The Sims FreePlay Updates videos (which we don't event have....) and honestly I was impressed because their updates are valuable, big, and they always bring new features! 

For example I saw the last Christmas Updates and I was WOW! they literally lived a magical story, an immersion in the magic of Christmas... We only have built onraments to hang on a Tree.

Every updates I saw seemed to be exiting and solid, for now this on The Sims Mobile doesn't seem to happen, updates brings only little news, nothing exciting like pets, a mall, an island, pregnancy, or a castle to learn magic arts!

Someone could tell me: "so leave The Sims Mobile and go play on freeplay huh?"

Simple, The Sims FreePlay is a complete game, there's a lot of things to do but I don't like it because is old-fashioned. The Sims Mobile is the fresh and modern version, I am extremely fond on TSM, i quite like it... I just wish it could be improved.

Thanks 💕🙏🏻

Message 358 of 380 (1,091 Views)

Language for the sims mobile

★★★ Newbie

Please ini need bahasa to the Sims mobile 😢😥

Message 359 of 380 (1,080 Views)

Re: Language for the sims mobile

★★★ Pro

sul sul

Message 360 of 380 (1,064 Views)