Re: Ideas/Suggestions for The Sims Mobile

by milkboba

Original Post

@milkboba maybe they should add more pony tails and anime style pigtails too. (not braided) I'm going for the pony tail and I hope i get it. And I'm glad they are adding more relationship stories. I dunno if they read the comments  that was asking for that or it was just a coincident.

Message 161 of 380 (1,310 Views)

[ Edited ]

I think I may have posted this on another thread a while ago, but I feel like it needs to be repeated. I have a few suggestions/requests that I'd like to add to your thread.

Make all clothing and accessories available to every sim, regardless of gender. It's silly that there are clothing choices available to one gender and not the other. I, for one, would like some all-star sneakers for my ladies. But I can't  because they're considered "men's" shoes. Ridiculous. 

When purchasing special clothing from the fashion place, have the option to choose men's or women's clothing. I feel like its such a rip-off when I shell out so many gems and get something my sims cannot wear (I have 4 women sims and keep getting mens outfits that are useless to me).

I really like the idea that others have requested to give us the ability to sell furniture we don't want anymore. Maybe be able to have a garage sale and people can attend like a party. Or just allow us to sell stuff back for half price or something. What do I need 3 stoves for?

We definitely need more hobbies and jobs to choose from. I've brainstormed a few ideas for each.
Hobbies:

- sewing/knitting/crocheting/quilting
- video games
- carpentry/woodworking
- astronomy
- gardening
- painting

Jobs: (a few of these have been mentioned already)

- teacher or professor
- librarian
- engineer
- dentist
- beautician
- musician

Pets. Wouldn't it be cool to have a sim cat or dog for your sims to bond with? I know that you can get a hamster or fish tank from one of those morality pop-ups (if you have the cash for it). I'm thinking more along the line of my sim being able to have a cats or dogs that move around the house and yard that you can pet. Sim cats could knock stuff off shelves and sim dogs could chase balls around the backyard. I mean, if they can make a sim child that wanders aimlessly around the house, they can make a sim cat.

Message 162 of 380 (1,277 Views)

@thecakeisaLIE82 well for the surpising choice, it's a hedgehog or fish. But I agree.

Message 163 of 380 (1,321 Views)

I know someone else said this but. For the surpising choices. Could u make the good parts last longer like 24 hrs and the bad last less? Because it's hard for me to get anything done with a crying sim and it seams like a waste to spend cupcakes so a sim doesn't get sick or sad for 8hrs and is unable to help what so ever.

Message 164 of 380 (1,330 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Dear Sim Guru hope you’ll read this,

If possible, can you make llama zoom easier? It’s very hard to finish the tasks, especially for those who only own 1 to 2 sims. 

Most of the time the tasks will consist these in one go:

- 3 quick events, 3 quick events, 1 quick event

- 3 standard events

- 1 long event

Also as @sweetnsourgirl93 posted, getting stickers is harder & harder because it’s no longer a necessity. 

Thank you so much for your hardwork ❤️

I really like the back to school event 👏👏

Message 165 of 380 (1,296 Views)

★★★ Novice
Yes on the sell back feature!!! Even if for a simolean! It’s getting so hard to find anything i actually need in my storage because of all the useless items for
Message 166 of 380 (1,184 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

We have a new update (3/10/18), and they have add 'give stickers' tasks to the quest tab. 

Also they add several quests for parties so we can get additional fashion gems.

Thank you so much Sims Gurus Heart Heart

Message 167 of 380 (1,126 Views)

★ Guide

Hello! Back again with another suggestion. 🙂

So I see people asking about getting another house, maybe it was talked about somewhere I haven’t seen but it ended up being a topic all of a sudden. I played sim social for many years until it got shut down, the one thing I loved was having my main house and recieving additional locations from events. Each aditional location was themed to the event and we had many awesome themed spaces to decorate and play in, you could also visit yourfriends spaces as well and play with their goodies. 😜

I would love to see this implemented in mobile, it was such a cool feature and even helped cut down on inventory being filled so much. Through each quest you unlocked more portions of the space as well as Deco items.  We had a castle, haunted ghost ship and many others. I think this would be so fun if we ever are able to have more spaces instead of just more land or another house plot.🤗

Message 168 of 380 (1,005 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I would love it if we were able to sell items in our inventory that we no longer want. My inventory list keeps increasing and it’s a pain scrolling through to find things. I’d also really like if we could swap simoleons for simcash, or if there were promotions on items that cost simcash where they would be available for purchase with simoleons for a period of time. There are items I really want to buy but it is going to take me ages to save up enough sim cash to buy them (like the stanke bathroom collection).

Message 169 of 380 (982 Views)

This App is Poorly Designed

★★★★ Novice

Firstly, there is obviously intentional poor design, like how the app is built around secret lists of tasks. For example, ****zoom tasks are all secret in order to waste our time and frustrate players. There is literally no other reason for it.

The long events are secret lists of tasks and the only way you can possibly complete them now is to look online (probably on this forum) to plan ahead.

Beyond all that nonsense...we arrive at the "possibly unintentional poor design" section of this complaint.

I just randomly put out the Winterfest gifts and was astonished to discover that it "periodically provides Candy Canes for you to collect." I thought it was purely decorative!  Now I wonder if I missed that kind of thing on previous events. Did the Horn of Plenty do anything?

Has anyone on the dev team ever used the Storage? It is apparently sorted by the ancient, traditional method of NOT AT ALL. You put things in there and they are lost, probably forever. Here is a partial list of criteria Storage is not sorted by:

star rank

name

date acquired

date put into storage

type

event

functionality

If you take something out and put it back in, it will slot itself somewhere new and you get to WASTE YOUR TIME scrolling back and forth until you find it.

I mention this because I put the Winterfest gifts back in and now I can't find it again.

I've never had so much fun in all my life.

Okay, I finally found it again.

Here's what really floored me, though. You know how there are several tasks in this event where you're supposed to get candy canes?

If you tap on the snowflake in the corner, and then the unintuitive "Activities" tab-that-is-not-a-tab, you will see five whole boxes:

Quest | The Search for the Regiftable Gift | Winterfest Holiday Party | Last Minute Shopping | Latte & Skate.

FIVE WHOLE BOXES.

Do you know how many boxes there really are?

There are six. Now, maybe this is because I'm playing running this on an iPad, but that is the worst design in the world. There are no scroll bars or arrows or anything to indicate there is another activity on that screen you can do to get candy canes.

Let's take a look back at Storage. The two on the right edge are cut off to indicate more items are available than shown. This is also true of the SimCash tab and Simoleons tab, which I find completely coincidental.

Actually, whether this poor design intentional or not is irrelevant. It is completely unprofessional and not the kind of thing one of the largest companies in the world (EA) should be allowing, especially in an app for one of the biggest brands in the world, and one that's been out for almost a year.

Message 170 of 380 (1,201 Views)