Re: I need to contact a bf1 moderator supervisor

by XXXO77O4906

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I need to contact a bf1 moderator supervisor

★ Apprentice

I got suspended for necro’ing a thread which I had been redirected to. There seems to be no way to contact anyone since my account is shut off for seven days. 

I was was a victim of a mods misunderstanding of what happened, and IMO, he acted with petulance threatening to ban me forever by trying to intimidate me with a copy of the TOS over a petty beef. 

I have have never been treated so unfairly and denied the opportunity to respond, challenge, or explain, not to mention reach a supervisor. 

I would like like to know how to reach someone in charge of the BF1 comments. 

Message 1 of 7 (732 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

@-aarp-19Crib Hello,

As I understand you were banned on Battlefield Forums. Unfortunately, here on Answers HQ we can't do nothing with your Ban. If you think you were banned by mistake, please send an email to lets_talk@ea.com

More information you can find here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

Thanks!

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (830 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@-aarp-19Crib Hello,

As I understand you were banned on Battlefield Forums. Unfortunately, here on Answers HQ we can't do nothing with your Ban. If you think you were banned by mistake, please send an email to lets_talk@ea.com

More information you can find here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

Thanks!

Message 2 of 7 (831 Views)

★ Apprentice
They reversed it on a technicality.

I’m steamed that there is no way to challenge. They disconnect your account.

“Necro” threads should be their responsibility not mine.

I will send my “thank you” response to you. It’s enlightening.
Message 3 of 7 (693 Views)

★ Guide
Message 4 of 7 (674 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@svikins

That wont work. EA Support can not in anyway help with a ban of any kind. The only way is to contact TOS and follow the steps provided by @IIPrest0nII above.

@-aarp-19Crib

Yes, you can "challenge" it and to do that you have to follow the above steps provided by @IIPrest0nII. Only the TOS will decide if it was right or wrong and will email you with future details.

Discussion of moderation is not allowed on the forums so I would advise against that, speaking to the TOS about it is the right move however.

Message 5 of 7 (666 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

For an “End of the story” report. 

I made my point to the moderator supervisor that necro’ing a thread is not and should not be a suspendable offense. A simple “don’t necro the thread, dummy” should suffice, and since the mods have the power to close a thread, they should. Problem solved, trap closed. 

BF1 is in sad enough shape without throwing the book at someone for replying to an old thread. I also made the point that there is no actual timeline as to what creates a necro and what doesn’t. In short, “it is what I say it is”. Hmmm.  

The end result is maybe they will think twice before they shut off someone’s air supply to relevant “read only” information, that all members have an enforceable right to access. 

So we’re done. I made my point, and he left wiser as to the lousy policy of banning (temporarily or otherwise) for replying to an old thread. 

Message 6 of 7 (616 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@-aarp-19Crib

Okay, now lets end this discussion of moderation here.

Thread locked.

Message 7 of 7 (610 Views)