Re: I’m stuck. Losing streak.

by BattaIia

Original Post

I’m stuck. Losing streak.

★★ Novice

What do I do when I’m high ranked and under powered troops, I ain’t gambling my money. I rather buy pc game. 

My units getting killed by same high level unit. Even if my unit counters the unit, my unit still dies lol. This sad lol.

So your expecting me to have fun by doing achievement and leveling upgrades while losing all my matches?  

So I have to login lose couple matches queue for box then do dailies and log out until I match the rank Troops match making. Is this how games supposed to be and I have to do that in every rank. Where the fun in that. 

Troops upgrades shouldn’t be unlocked by money. Everyone should supposed be same leve field. Basically who has most Money wins.

Battlefield V and now this. 

Thanks for killing my childhood. 

Message 1 of 5 (589 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Let's to unpack here, so let's take it slow. 

@aymanh93 wrote:

My units getting killed by same high level unit. Even if my unit counters the unit, my unit still dies lol. This sad lol.

The game is designed around counters, not same unit trades. Yea, if you have level 7 rifles and they have level 6 rifles, you have an advantage. If you have 8 and they have 6 you have a MASSIVE advantage. Nobody is arguing that. But being under leveled means you simply cannot trade, you have to counter effectively. A level 6 shockwave trooper still destroys a level 8 rifle, but it will take some damage. A level 6 rhino will take out a level 8,9,10,11,12, etc rifle and take minimal damage. So instead of throwing away money in a match trading poorly, when under leveled, you have to COUNTER.

@aymanh93 wrote:

So your expecting me to have fun by doing achievement and leveling upgrades while losing all my matches?  

So I have to login lose couple matches queue for box then do dailies and log out until I match the rank Troops match making. Is this how games supposed to be and I have to do that in every rank. Where the fun in that. 

No, the expect you to play the game, and have fun. Stop playing after your bounties are done because the game doesn't reward you for doing so. If you pay money, this isn't an issue, but if you don't pay, then you inflate your medal count which is what the game uses for matchmaking. It says "Oh, aymanh here has 1,200 medals, and so does his opponent. This should be a close game!" But it's not because you pushed yourself too hard and wedged your account into a bad spot. Losing games and by association losing medals will reverse this process. You have the tools at your hands, it's really up to you to use them.

Playing a free to play game like it's a full game and not paying like it's a full game is going to lead to problems unfortunately. Plenty of the top players got there without spending money. You can too. But they didn't get there overnight. it was months of bounties and free crates. 

Either have patience, or flash the cash. Welcome to free to play. 

@aymanh93 wrote:

Troops upgrades shouldn’t be unlocked by money. Everyone should supposed be same leve field. Basically who has most Money wins.

Battlefield V and now this. 

Thanks for killing my childhood. 

If you want to go back and play the old command and conquer games, go for it. They are still great, and most still have a small active player base. Nobody is forcing you to play rivals. But if you are willing to have a little patience, and play the game the way it was intended, I believe you will see a good game at the core of it all. 

Message 2 of 5 (539 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

nah, cash grab manipulative title usage. target audience kids and Chinese people and disregarding, disrespecting the actual C&C fans.

they shouldnt have named C&C, if they're not going to respect franchise. if i'd have to wait day by day to earn rewards and play couple matches. pay for improvements every level just ridiculous antifun, no progression to work on and money makes feel like using cheat that makes me feel i don't want play this game anymore then i have deleted the app.

but they fail to see that C&C fans are old people and won't fall for it. watch youtube trailer comments downvotes, Apple store and google store. reviews negative slowly killing the app.

i'd rather pay flat fee. rather an endless carrot on stick chase.

this game had potential. i was having so much fun from level 1 - 6&7 from till rank gold. felt progress, but when i ran out resources and got stuck on pay wall because start facing higher players with a much more better advantage, unlocked troops, OP nods feels pointless. daily cap is just stupid. Andriod users had months of play time. ios had only 2 weeks. ios users will be face planted against andriod users who had time to play it.   "it's not pay to win, it just need time" Just to clarify. If 1 player has to play days and months to get everything. And a other player can just pay a lot of money. Thats also PAY TO WIN. 

C&C is my last straw, im boycotting all ea games. im glad there ipo and stocks plummeting. i hope they learn. PLAYERS > shareholders.

i have played alot free to play app on my iphone and supported them for
purchase cosmetics but microtransaction pay to win. no fun or skill in that.

Message 3 of 5 (516 Views)

★ Apprentice

@aymanh93

I'm with you on this. If I'm going to pay $$$ that's close to the cost of a console/ PC game, I'm just going to go play a PC/ Console game. That's also my limiting criteria for mobile games. My spending should never exceed that limit. This is clearly personal to me and I don't expect others to follow. 

That said, I'm fine with the limitation placed on me as a player who does not plan to pay heaps of $$$ to even the playing field. What this means is i don't get to binge play (thankfully) and am limited to the 10 or so attacks I get each day. I'm not in any rush to get to be first to the top of the hill and am alright with this sort of progression. 

Now, whether players like me benefit the game's ecosystem is probably another discussion altogether. 

Personally, I feel that for a game to be successful, it has to satisfy 3 demographics of players

1) the completely free to play players

2) the casual payers who don't mind spending a buck or 10 bucks through their gaming life span

3) the true competitive players who don't mind splurging in the $100s for a game. 

@BattaIia said it right.. "Stop playing after your bounties are done because the game doesn't reward you for doing so." and this works for me. 

To better understand your plight, @aymanh93, how many losses do you have to chalk up to classify it a 'losing streak'? I've definitely lost a handful of battles in a row but i usually just stop after and move on to another game. 

I believe the main error is assuming that C&C will stick to the same RTS formula. I loved the series and it was my intro to RTS back in the day of the original and R.A. I still have imprinted in my head the voice "Ion Cannon Charging" and am glad they used back similar sounding vocals in GDI. I am however welcoming the changes as I've always been curious about the gameplay Rivals is currently about so this helps me to give it a try on a more mangeable level and not be slaughtered by the pros. I think it's a good twist of the old system and also being aware of the current gaming landscape. 

Message 4 of 5 (505 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I've enclosed an image to help remind you of how right you are @aymanh93

On a more serious note, there is one thing that I've noticed:

People that haven't played rivals hates it, and the people that have given it a shot actually kinda enjoy it. Perhaps if you too gave it a chance rather than hating on it because that is the cool thing to do right now you too could have a fun mobile game to crack out at a coffee break? 

Message 5 of 5 (484 Views)