Re: I like lootboxes and microtransactions!

by chinnyreckon

Original Post

I like lootboxes and microtransactions!

★★ Apprentice

Hi there, i just want to make an statement of my opinion on this hot lootbox/microtransactions discussion which is on every channel in our gamers world right now and allready for some time.

I´m shure a lot of people will want hang me higher if they read my opinion to that , but i´ve to say, i like lootboxes and i like to be able to buy myself some extras to the game im playing, doesn´t matter which game, i would like to have this option in every game.

I agree that is not ok that we are able to buy items which make us stronger or give us advantages in multiplayer games/modes, but in singleplayer it must be alowed to choose everybody on his own if one will walk around like even a god with every advantage over the enemys (bots/npc´s) he want. 

And in multiplayer i like to dress up or have nice skins for my items/utilities and i can´t see how this does harm anybody else or giving me advantages over the others, just cause if have my own style/look. 

Inmo it´s not fair to take this ability from us, is like a penalty they put on us without having done nothing wrong. 

And nobody forces anybody to buy nothing if one does´nt want to.

On the other hand, we don´t have to forget the developing companys, they have to pay there people, equipment, taxes, ect, ect, and so on and on and on. 

They are offering us every time bigger, better looking, cool running and stuffed with nice content, games, and some of them even after relaese new content for free, and they are working the whole time, even after it´s realised, on our games, to make them better, implementing our wishes, and more. I think, it´s just fair that we pay something extra for all this, i mean if you buy a car and want some extras in it, you have to pay them too. And so far i know, the games developer and publisher are a same kind of industry, like any other, they just can exist if they make benefits.

Thats the only way they can offer us cool new games and stuff over all the years. 

I´m pretty willing to pay for the fun they deliver me.

And anyway, i like to buy lootboxes with some suprises in them from time to time, it´s fun and makes the agme even nicer to me. They are like little gifts i make myself in the moments when i need a rest from running around killing everything what can´t climb on a tree fast enough. XD

So my dear EA, Activision, Ubisoft, Bethesda and all the others, in my opinion you have them damn right to sell extra content in your games, and please don´t surrender under the temporary pressure which some medias, youtubers and other headheating dumbheads will throw at you, most gamers will buy games anyway, cause they want to play and will get tired to hear all this * after a while.

So, that is my opinion.

Keep on rocking!

Saludos from Spain :eahigh_file:

Message 1 of 6 (427 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This is very true. 

2K have been doing micro transactions in their NBA games for years, but people only cry about it because its fashionable right now. 

Message 2 of 6 (409 Views)

★★ Guide

Its not about being fashionable, its about having gained momentum. Microtransaction used to finance DLC and servers is ok as long as it doesnt skew gameplay. But dont confuse this with loot boxes, loot boxes are gambling and gambling is only there to rip people off. Statistically you will always be worse off using a gambling mechanic that if you could just buy something upfront for its alotted price with a microtransaction. Remeber with gambling 'the house always wins', and 'vegas was not build on players winning'

Message 3 of 6 (404 Views)

★★ Guide

Well, that's a refreshing take. Thanks for posting that.

Message 4 of 6 (392 Views)

★ Guide

Personally, I just want the game to survive and have a healthy player base. 

Well that and good, balanced game play.

What ever a company has to do to keep pumping out fresh content and give a game longevity, that's what they should do.

Now I think Riot Games has a great product and strategy that keeps players engaged and keeps a steady stream of incoming rolling in.

And obviously their strategy is more agreed with with their player base...

But to me that's what's important, don't really care how they do it.

You have to have free DLCs though if you don't want to fracture the player base and you have to have fresh content to keep players engaged. 

That costs money.

Now before I get too flamed, I realize that EA is a huge, engorged big evil corporation with a CEO that makes a disproportional amount of money and investors that are looking to make huge profits. So comparing them to a much smaller company isn't fair because they have more... uh... "overhead" is the best word I can come up with without calling them money-grubbing capitalist gluttons.

Message 5 of 6 (377 Views)

★★ Guide

Surething @peligead: 'I just want the game to survive and have a healthy player base. Well that and good, balanced game play.'

Me too.I have been soooooo looking forward to this game for months. I have paid for it and started playing and prefer to remain positive that EA will listen and correct accordingly. And I dont mind a coorperation earning good profit either, and I certainly dont mind them earning to fund future content. As long as their methods are not what I and some others may consider immoral. I know i bang on about it a lot but I just waht the players and more importantly EA to understand what methods are ok and not ok and why.

Message 6 of 6 (372 Views)