Re: I hit the pay wall

by BattaIia

Original Post

★★★★★ Guide
when the next patch hits, I wouldn't mind a few friendly games against you. It will allow for friendly games even if you aren't in the same alliance.

Battalia#tgb5M3N3
Message 11 of 28 (684 Views)

★★ Novice
I’m stuck too, I can’t win anymore. Stuck in gold and under leveled. With no gold and blue stuff.
Message 12 of 28 (640 Views)

★ Apprentice
"you haven't hit the pay wall. You have hit the "I took a casual mobile game too seriously" wall."

Lol. I love it. Touché. It just might be true for me too.

@Battalia : I agree with a lot of what you're saying. I'm mostly a F2P player and I suppose the game's current pacing works out for my time commitment I'm able to offer to the game.

I did hit a wall rather early, around bronze/ silver when i was still stubbornly refusing to level units cos ... well, i was still figuring out the economy and what style i liked. And as you said, the unit levels weren't the issue, my * noob play was (i'm new to this genre but nothing a few youtube videos didn't help correct slightly)

Just wanted to say thanks for being a breath of fresh air in a forum Standard smile

Good hunting, man.
Message 13 of 28 (618 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@RedAshphoenix

haha thanks =)

If you ever need a hand grasping any strats, or want feedback on a deck, hit me up. Can pm me here or find me on the discord at most times. =) Thanks for the kind words!
Message 14 of 28 (611 Views)

★ Apprentice

Will keep that in mind @BattaIia

Info sources are currently limited to Youtube video which aren't always the best. I'm compiling my own data tracker to manage the overwhelming information for now. I've really only started on the game for under a week so any sources for tips are welcomed if you have any. Standard smile 

On the note of being crushed, just got stomped fighting my 4th Nod match and met the Rockworm and had ZERO IDEA dealing with it. Gonna be reading up on your thread about how to work against it with my puny Weapon Factory and Hand of Nod units lol. Wish me luck.

Message 15 of 28 (602 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey dude, cmon now. If you want a 100% free game I suggest you look into another game. May I suggest scrabble or maybe snakes and ladders?!? Standard smile

No seriously. These guys built a sick game and deserve to earn from it. I love the current scheme, I've paid about 50$ in different deals and what not and dont find it giving me any advantages even being a level 17 with 1417 GDI medal's and 1474 for NOD. 

Im still getting my * kicked... anyway.. Stop crying dude. Its not that flattering. 

Message 16 of 28 (600 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@RedAshphoenix

Haha, yea, knowledge is power. Rockworms are much like GDI's titan. A strong vehicle destroying vehicle. So infantry (like zone trooper or cyborgs) or air units are the proper counter. Also read up on scarabs so you have an idea of how to counter them when they inevitably pop up. One of the earliest new player trap units in the game. If you don't have a strat ready, it's an instant loss unfortunately. Other then that, most units play like you would expect them to. Just knowing what they do is half the battle Wink
Message 17 of 28 (594 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@BattaIia

I concur. It was the first time i was dealing with Rockworms so noobie me kept sending vehicles. When that didn't work, i tried the laser squad but that got shut down quick. I'm only a few matches in so it's just a matter of getting familiar with the units. 

In a bid to overcome my handicap, I've put together a file to help with my deck planning to make sure i have everything covered lol (refer to attached file). Last time i've had to use an excel sheet was for Boom Beach's planning lol Love it! :D

Message 18 of 28 (574 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
haha looks good, should serve you well I think =)
Message 19 of 28 (553 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Amen. I was stoked to finally unlock NOD, and start leveling up. Then around 650-700 medals I started hitting Rockworm/Obelisk combos and I just get mopped up. Now it’s one step forward, two steps back. The only way people with similar medal counts as me have those items is by paying for the upgrades. Still a fun game, but very frustrating. 

Message 20 of 28 (545 Views)