Re: I hit the pay wall

by iLikeToSnipe21

Original Post

I hit the pay wall

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

The pay wall hits hard and fast in this game. Within a couple days I've gone from a nice win percentage down to under 25% with my last 9 matches not even being close. 

The lesson I've learned? Cough up cash or get steamrolled.

Sucks because C&C had always been my favorite game franchise.

Message 1 of 28 (1,548 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
you haven't hit the pay wall. You have hit the "I took a casual mobile game too seriously" wall.

The game stops rewarding you after 10 wins a day. But if you keep playing and keep winning, your medal count increases. You matchmaking is not based on unit level, as this could be gamed, but instead your medal count. So the game goes "Okay these two guys are both queued and have similar medals, it should be a close game!" meanwhile you are 2 or more levels down.

Keep in mind, I'm just telling things as they are, these are not my views or opinions.

Calm down, play your bounties, lose some medals, and your gameplay experience will return to normal. Or pretend you are playing on hard mode and keep playing more than you should like most new players we have been seeing.
Message 2 of 28 (1,535 Views)

★★ Guide
That's... called a paywall. You pay money to win. He's under level because of conscious choices on the part of the developers and not paying money. aka paywall
Message 3 of 28 (1,508 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

The game was not meant to allow you to hit the top league in a week. Yea, sure, paying massive amounts (And I do mean massive) would fix the level issues, but it would simply pit him in a tier where he doesn't have the experience to compete anymore. Everyone might think they are the next super star of the game and the only thing holding them back are levels, but I can state from experience that the players at the top do not have the highest levels, yet they have the most medals for a reason. 

Sure, equal levels would let them down a little more gently, but you will still get stomped by players that have learned those lessons the hard way and have played for longer. This was one of the reasons the high tib players weren't thrown back to square 1 on launch day, they would just stomp their way back up, level or not.

Message 4 of 28 (1,498 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@BattaIia you have no idea about the stuff you talking about some of us have played this game from day 1 there is a huge paywall and it doesnt take much to hit it and for some of us that doesnt dish out the cash its a loooong and hard grind to get coin and dimes let alone cards you might need 

please stop posting on here if all your doing is defending EAs will to be money hungry 

Message 5 of 28 (1,437 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

you are definitely entitled to that opinion, but that doesn't make it correct =)

I've had my own experience with the game, and games like this in the past. I didn't log in to runescape with a max level character, I had to grind for years as free to play. I didn't unlock all the cards in hearthstone when I made my account, I slummed it up with all the other free-to-players. So why do I deserve level 15 units to start with in rivals? I don't. I'll earn them the hard way here too =)

@deadpoolRTD Last I checked, you do not run these forums. If you have a problem with my posts, take it up with an EA representative.

Good luck in champions this weekend!

Message 6 of 28 (1,433 Views)

★★★★ Guide

the sad thing is it is correct 

this isnt runescape and what other bs you play 

this is CnC at its worse 

mircos everywhere, unit lvls to an unfair advantage, champs being broke again, and full of P2W players who need there own spot 

not with casuals, then theres the crates that are messed up and so on....really too many things wrong in this game 

Message 7 of 28 (1,421 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
How do you expect to get better as a player if you keep blaming your losses on "The other guy musta paid to win!"? In your match history I can see that you have lost plenty of times to lower levels than yourself. Surely they too must have paid to win, no? And you have won against players with lower levels than yourself too. Surely you must have paid to win then.

Fact of the matter is people who pay are in the minority. 99% MAYBE 98% of the players you match against are probably free to play players. So winning or losing against them has nothing to do with p2w or micro transactions.

So your rage is simply fueled by your own performance. Ask your alliance members to help you out to figure why you are dropping matches, not raging on the forums.

But in the end, you can do what you like. Grats on your first win in champions, hope you go all the way and get the grand prize! I'll be rooting for you! =D
Message 8 of 28 (1,419 Views)

★★★★ Guide
wow cyber stalk much
Message 9 of 28 (1,414 Views)

★★★★ Guide

i tell you what give me your player ID and we will play a couple of rounds then youll see

Message 10 of 28 (1,412 Views)